• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Mine is pretty soft shooting with non-magnum. Plus, accuracy might be less of an issue. I know several women who handle them and carry them as car guns. Obviously you are right though better to let them shoot a few then decide...good luck in the hunt!!!

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Anything in pink! :D
    CAPinkLady.gif

Just kidding, but who knows... they may like it.
    There must be a reason they keep making these.

icon3.gif

:) I would recommend going to Gander Mtn.
    The prices are notoriously on the high side, but they now
    have more inventory than a small gun show. At least they
    could try different guns to compare grip, weight, etc..

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I am a 62 y/o male looking for my first handgun. I just received my LTCH. I started out wanting a 9mm. But I decided I need a revolver for the reasons mentioned. And the Smith's or Ruger's mentioned would all be good choices.

My problem is finding one. Where is a good place to look in the Indy and south area?

I have been to or called almost every gun shop.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would suggest a S&W .357 magnum revolver with 4" barrel, preferably in stainless steel (requires less maintenance)

It can be downloaded to .38 Special if desired, or shot at full power .357 Magnum.

I've never seen a case of a woman unable to fire one, and it's easier to learn to use safely than a semi-automatic.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    I am a 62 y/o male looking for my first handgun. I just received my LTCH. I started out wanting a 9mm. But I decided I need a revolver for the reasons mentioned. And the Smith's or Ruger's mentioned would all be good choices.

My problem is finding one. Where is a good place to look in the Indy and south area?

I have been to or called almost every gun shop.

With you there - would like to pick up a reasonably priced used revolver - Smith or Ruger, preferably. I'm not seeing much where I've looked.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    If I was to get a revolver for a lady it would be a ruger sp101. The revolver is chambered for 357 magnum and can take the light recoil 38 specials. That way they could practice with ease and shoot it cheaply, plus if you get it in stainless it'll just look cool.

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    With you there - would like to pick up a reasonably priced used revolver - Smith or Ruger, preferably. I'm not seeing much where I've looked.

same here. been looking for a while for an sp101 for myself, and something similar for the wife. not much out there, and what I've found the prices are pretty steep.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I've seen a few Rossi and Taurus revolvers lately, lots of smiths and rugers at the 1500 last time. If you are set on a Smith, or Ruger, be patient, and keep looking, they are out there. There is a reason finding a Used Smith, Ruger, or Colt revolver isnt as easy as finding a used Rossi or Taurus.

Top Bottom