• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I am going to be doing a review of USAammo.com's once fired reloads in 9mm.

Price for 500 - $87.50
    Shipping to my door - $17.08
    Total - $101.58

Price per 100 - $20.32
    Price per 50 - $10.16
    Price per round - $0.20

Order Placed - Wed, 4/13/2011 2:02 PM
    Order Shipped - Wed, 4/13/11 5:36 PM
    Order Arrived - Wed, 4/19/11 2:30 PM.

I wanted to give some comparison to IF i would have ordered 1000:
    Price for 1000 - $169.00
    Shipping to my door - $27.61
    Total - $196.61

Price per 100 - $19.66
    Price per 50 - $9.83
    Price per round - $0.20 (rounded)

All in all the ammo looked very acceptable. I even have a box of nickel plated casings (or appears to be). The most common visual defect that i saw was a dark ring around the primer. I'm not sure of the impact of this, if any. There are also a few dented/gouged primers. See Pics.

The ammo shot well, neither my friend or I experienced any problems. The ammo cycled fine and went bang every time. It's hard to judge the accuracy of the ammo from shooting at pics, I would say its fine. I want to get some time to shoot at some paper with it to confirm. All in all I think i have found my ammo source from now on. Also wanted to add i did not think that ammo was "hot" as many other online reviews mention.

Thomas074.jpg

Thomas079.jpg

Thomas075.jpg

Thomas081.jpg

4 random samples.
    Thomas082.jpg

Will report back will shooting results Saturday.

Last edited:

radshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    That will be great....Just bought a Glock and looking for good ammo to knock down some plates at the range.....

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Looking forward to your review. We need more posts like this on :ingo:

Thanks. I plan on using this ammo for things like target shooting, FNS, and bowling pins. IMHO if there are a few rounds that won't go bang the first time that is a ...well...not a "plus" but will give me some great training opportunities. How can I handle this under the pressure of the situation. Obviously I paid for ammo that will go bang, but 1 or 2 out of 500 that won't go bang won't stop me from purchasing again. Again that is my opinion for right now. We will see how she actually does.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I've used several thousand rounds from USA ammo in .380, 9mm, 40 S&W, .308 and .223 and have experienced zero problems with any of it. I'm not a huge fan of plated pistol bullets but for cheap plinking the ammo was fine - and it's better than lead.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    That depends of your definition of "roughly" or "about" the same price. It is 19.xx to my door per 100. Wal-fart sells it for 22.xx plus tax per 100. Yes, you buy a few boxes not that big of a deal. If you go through 100's of rounds per month you are talking about a lot of money in a year. I got 500 rounds for 100 bucks. At wal-fart that same 500 rounds would cost about 20 bucks more. And for something that is gone in one pull of the trigger...if it works, i go with the cheapest. But with anything. To each their own. It is your money.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    It cost me $34.21 for Winchester target .380 ammo from walmart earlier today. I can get new .380 ammo from USA Ammo for $32.54 shipped to my door. I know it's not much of a difference but I can order all the calibers I want/need at once and still pay less. And honestly the reloads from USA Ammo shot better than the Winchester stuff. Also, walmart doesn't always have the calibers I want in stock.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    That depends of your definition of "roughly" or "about" the same price. It is 19.xx to my door per 100. Wal-fart sells it for 22.xx plus tax per 100. Yes, you buy a few boxes not that big of a deal. If you go through 100's of rounds per month you are talking about a lot of money in a year. I got 500 rounds for 100 bucks. At wal-fart that same 500 rounds would cost about 20 bucks more. And for something that is gone in one pull of the trigger...if it works, i go with the cheapest. But with anything. To each their own. It is your money.

I can walk in both of my local Walmart's right now and buy all the Federal 9mm I want (talking multiple cases) for $10.47 per 50, that is $209.40 per thousand + tax...that makes it $224.06

$112.03/500 at Wally World for NEW 9mm.

If you want cheapest we can go that route too..
    The last case of 1350 9mm Russian I purchased from Aim Surplus
    ran me $209.50 (7.75/box) +$15 to ship.

I still fail to see the value of buying reman ammo for these prices.
    If your happy then that's great, but it's not really a great deal.

I shoot a few rounds per month as well.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I can walk in both of my local Walmart's right now and buy all the Federal 9mm I want (talking multiple cases) for $10.47 per 50, that is $209.40 per thousand + tax...that makes it $224.06

$112.03/500 at Wally World for NEW 9mm.

I agree. I get all my 9mm at Wal-Mart. I looked at ordering new online and with shipping, WM still beat them. Their 9mm 50 round Federal has been $10.47 since I started buying there a little over a year ago. With their price staying the same, I don't need to buy rounds by the thousands, I can just pick up 400-500 whenever I'm heading to the range.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    So, you guys pay 12 bucks more per 500. Said you shoot a few thousand rounds a month. So lets say 2k a month. So, $48 bucks a month more. That is $576 a year. The point of this test was to see if that $576 a year was worth it or not. And i have found it isn't. By all means if you have shot both and think it IS worth it, then that is your opinion. But if you haven't tried it, then who are you to say it IS worth an extra $576 a year?

Again, to each their own. But don't talk about something when you haven't tried it. If USAAMMO.com shoots just as well as wally world special, who will be the stupid one spending 500 more per year to shoot? Please, go buy a few boxes and shoot it. At least then you can actually speak on the matter.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    So, you guys pay 12 bucks more per 500. Said you shoot a few thousand rounds a month. So lets say 2k a month. So, $48 bucks a month more. That is $576 a year. The point of this test was to see if that $576 a year was worth it or not. And i have found it isn't. By all means if you have shot both and think it IS worth it, then that is your opinion. But if you haven't tried it, then who are you to say it IS worth an extra $576 a year?

Again, to each their own. But don't talk about something when you haven't tried it. If USAAMMO.com shoots just as well as wally world special, who will be the stupid one spending 500 more per year to shoot? Please, go buy a few boxes and shoot it. At least then you can actually speak on the matter.

It's a discussion forum. Don't post about it if you don't want us to speak about it.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I've been wondering about their ammo. I'm mostly interested in trying out the new JHP ammo that they manufacture. If it works well, that looks like it would be a good deal. I like to buy the 100 round packs of 9mm & .40 Remington UMC JHPs that Walmart carries, but it is awfully difficult to catch on the shelf.

Top Bottom