• gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well done....

The Saiga 12 is certainly addictive....

Mine didn't get to sit on the rack for very long during the NWI Meet and shoot this last weekend... Everyone kept it hot and dirty...

Prometheus, you had issues with the after market gas plug also... same here, although mine was a MD Arms version... the factory one works like a charm though...

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    Great review! I'm glad you mentioned all of the modifications you've done to yours...it reminded me that I've got work to do! *Dives into gun closet with a buffing tool*

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Here is the S12 I have used for a few years. This spring I added the comp and it has been a battle. Makes the gas system very finicky and hard to get right. I cracked the carrier in this one a week before the last match of the season and had to order another gun to use the carrier. The cracked carrier is getting fixed and gun #2 is being made ready to be the primary for next seasons 3 gun matches. I have not added a magwell to the Purple one, the magwell is the **** for rapid reloads BUT I cant use my drum with the magwell. I will decide over the winter if the magwell gets added. One more thing to do is send the bolt to a guy I know who has a CNC setup with a part pgm to make the bolt easy to load a full mag on when closed. Thats something I wont do myself. If you take off too much your hosed cause you can NOT buy bolts and carriers for these guns. Gotta buy a whole new gun. Saiga forums are your friend and Greg at Carolina Shooting Supply is the #1 vendor over there for parts. I have a new adjustable tirgger on order from Red Star Arms and I am curious to see how it works. Plus Cadiz Gun Works is in process of getting a new internal Last Round Bolt Hold Open to the market. They are offering a DIY kit or will install them. I may get one just for conveniance. Anyone who shoots in matches knows reloading from an open bolt on any firearm is a time killer. You would be amazed how much $$ you can end up putting in a $500 russian shotgun. BUT I love these things and I have spent so much time on them I can take them apart and put them together about as fast as a 12 year old Chineese kid.

IMG_0437.jpg

The comp really works but its a battle.
    IMG_0436.jpg

Here is next years warrior.

PURPLE IS THE NEW BLACK
    IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom