• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Its only a matter of time before word gets out about these holsters, If anyone is curious feel free to ask questions. Now that they're ready to go I can yap about it.
    Manufacturer: Cloud Defensive CLOUD DEFENSIVE | PRODUCTS
    Model: Spartan for Glock Compact 19,23,32
    Material .93 thickness Kydex
    Fasteners: Milspec
    Belt Loops: Milspec Rubberized Nylon w Pull the Dot Buttons
    Strut Material: M.I. Polymer

Now let me start off by saying, I do know the guy making these but that gets no special treatment from me Ill rag a friend on a POS faster than someone I don't know... Im just an opinionated D-Bag like that.

Now I have tried a number of IWB Holsters High End leather like M.S., Middle of the Road leather Crossbreed Whitehat Etc, High end Kydex like Raven Garrett and a few others, Mass produced stuff like Desantis Etc and your Gun Show Grade Kydex NEVER Have I ever found an IWB that I really liked or cared to carry.
    Im a Fat Man and a sensitive Fat Man at that, I don't like being gouged, poked, prodded, pinched, rubbed or anything else you can find to describe uncomfortable. So when I saw this and decided to try a Prototype Model, I thought Heres one more thats a waste of time... With alll the knowledge these other makers have how is this guy thats never made a kydex holster going to do any better than the pros? Well now look whos writing a review and eating Crow. Im not doing this because I was asked to or told to or was guilt tripped into it because I owe him a favor, Im doing this because When Credit is earned and Credit is Due and Someones worked hard they deserve the recognition. These guys aren't trying to Re-invent the wheel, I know there is a billon types of holster like this.. They took the flaws of others and designed a similar product with out the flaws, concerns and complaints of others.

I got this Spartan Holster about 3 months ago towards the end of March and have carried it regularly, Not everyday but atleast 3-4 times a week (when not giving my G42 a lil carry time). I've carried it to the store, To church, to Family Functions and to the range, I've also carried this Solo, With my wife around and by myself packing my beast 26lb 9mo old boy around. One would think at some point in time I would have uttered the words "Grr D***ed Holster...." NOPE Not once and I've always had a hard time concealing my 23 because of my size and how my shirts never seem to lay just right.. I always end up printing or riding up and exposing my gun. This Holster has rectified that its a nice Low ride holster with great concealment abilities it rides low but nice and tight to the body, Ive carried it at the 3 O Clock to 430 position and have yet to print.. This would also be a GREAT AIWB provided you dont have Dunlap Disease like I (Dunlaped over the belt).

Function and Construction: As I stated Earlier, This Holster is a dream for me Sitting, Standing, Walking, Running(rare), Driving I have yet to have any complaints whatsoever about the ergonomics of this holster.
    Drawing: Drawing is nice and smooth with good retention, Ive shook it, dropped it, had a friend hang upside down on his kids swingset.. never once moved it did its job and retained the gun.
    Re Holstering: Re holstering is smooth and tactile with a nice click into place
    Belt Loops: The Belt Loops are a rubberized Nylon (to the best of my description) The Pull the Dot Snaps have a nice firm "Click" when closing and are just as easily opened when pulled... I also have yet to have a malfunction as far as one
    Without me pulling on it. I havn't had one pop open even when I drug the holster across the back of my truck seat when reaching in and over the center console.
    Kydex Body: Now this thing is heavy duty one handed re holstering is a breeze the is no chance of this thing collapsing on you, its Sturdy and Robust yet minimalist enough to make it comfortable to carry all day long. If Thin is in then this
    is a Rockstar. Thin Robust Not overly heavy This thing is like and old Toyota, It'll take a beating and keep on rollin and last you for years to come. I was concerned with getting pinched due to the back not having any type of sweatguard or
    difficulty re holstering.. I havn't had an issue yet and don't see it being a problem.
    Fasteners and Strut: The fasteners are nice their not off center or deformed takes your standard phillips (front) Flat blade (Back) Hardware they fit well and havn't loosened yet. Not much to say about them they're Screws and Backplates
    They do appear to be Heavy Duty. The Strut.. in my opinion this is the honey hole of the whole holster, Its made of Mold Injected polymer and are stiff.. you cant deform or fold them over. These are what makes this gun sooo concealable in
    my opinion, this gives the backside of the holster that support it needs to hold it up close and tight to you body but far enough away to get a good grip on your peice.

Now its time for me to Shut Up and Show what Im talking about already. Im no professional Tier One Operator that reviews stuff all the time, Im just a guy who likes to play with new toys and usually when it comes to holsters Im diappointed. So when I find one decent or good I tend to spread the word. So I hope this is sufficient enough for you guys and gals to make an informed decision and decide if you want to give this product a try or ask more questions if you have them.

Body Side of Holster

Outward Facing Side of Holster

Close up of PTD Snap

Frontside of Holster

Backside of Holster and Strut

Top Down View of Holster

Last edited:

CloudDefensive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Newburgh
    Thanks for the review! We're looking forward to getting more of our holsters out there so we can get some more great feedback! If anybody has any questions, feel free to contact us through our website or through private message here. We're planning on supporting INGO as much as we can and look forward to talking to you guys.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Those of you on the fence their line has already grown They have Holsters for
    Beretta Nano
    Glocks Comp., Sub Comp., 30, 30s, & 42
    1911 Gov. w no rails
    Ruger LCR
    S.A. XDS XDM comp. XD S/C
    Sig 228 and 938
    S&W 442/642, M&P, M&P Comp,& Shield

CloudDefensive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Newburgh
    Interesting. Looks pretty good. Can you get it with a full sweat guard?

Yes sir. The customer who posted the review actually got one of the earlier versions of the holster. They all come standard with a full sweat/shirt guard now. The pics on our website show that pretty well. We actually just launched the web-store a few days ago and are in the process of constantly updating it right now in terms of pics and models that we have available. So please be patient with what you see there. However the holsters are in production and 100% ready for order.

And if you don't want the sweat/shirt guard, just note that in the comments box at check out and we'll make sure you get what you want.

Hope that helps.

And here is the link to the site in case you need it:http://www.clouddefensive.com/collaborative/products/

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Yes sir. The customer who posted the review actually got one of the earlier versions of the holster. They all come standard with a full sweat/shirt guard now. The pics on our website show that pretty well. We actually just launched the web-store a few days ago and are in the process of constantly updating it right now in terms of pics and models that we have available. So please be patient with what you see there. However the holsters are in production and 100% ready for order.

And if you don't want the sweat/shirt guard, just note that in the comments box at check out and we'll make sure you get what you want.

Hope that helps.

And here is the link to the site in case you need it:CLOUD DEFENSIVE | PRODUCTS

Thanks for your quick response. That goes a long ways with me. I am typically not a fan of strut systems but due to some recent endorsements by others may be giving them another try. Yours looks like a worthy contender.

CloudDefensive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Newburgh
    Thanks for your quick response. That goes a long ways with me. I am typically not a fan of strut systems but due to some recent endorsements by others may be giving them another try. Yours looks like a worthy contender.

Thanks for the kind words. The struts we use give the end-user some good options with regards to being able to tuck a shirt in if need be. And the holsters are fully adjustable too...some users (myself included) never tuck a shirt in so you simply remove the strut adjacent to the sight channel and just directly the belt loop to the holster. All the holsters come pre-configured for both options.

CloudDefensive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2014
    Newburgh
    Yes sir, we can make one for the P229. We will have to order a mold for that weapon and that adds about 1 week to the production time while that ships in to us. So I would expect about 3 weeks on delivery there. If you are interested, just message me here. We'd love to get a holster in your hands. We are a new company with a new product and we know we have a lot to prove here to the masses. But the reviews we are getting so far are excellent. Feel free to check out our FB page for more pics and info. www.facebook.com/clouddefensive

Top Bottom