• ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    L-1 Identity Solutions

If you have any questions with the website, please contact L-1 Enrollment Services at 877-472-6917.

This morning I realized that my 4yr LTCH was going to expire in April... Time for a lifetime, and I hope I get it back before the expiration, you know how great that waiting game goes. A little research on INGO (doing everything I could to avoid the FAQ, cuz I hate it when the Mods are right) I found the procedures for renewal and saw a thread on this L-1 Identity Solutions. I put it in the back of my head. I filled out an online form from the ISP which had a step by step directional for the rest of the process. It even stated that I could get ink finger printed at the PD or go to a L-1 Identity Solutions branch and it would cut weeks if not months off of my wait. I read a few more threads about L-1 Identity Solutions, then of course started my own just to make sure the data was current.

In less then 10 mins I had the online for filled out. My $60 sent to the state, my $10 and an appt for the Digital Finger Prints to be done at a L-1 Identity Solutions branch. With-in 10mins I received a phone call stating that the machine was down and I had to reschedule. I looked at my calendar, and the gal on the other side said that I could go this afternoon at another branch. Appt made. I arrived 20mins early walked up to the counter, they verified my photo ID, checked it against the appt reservation, walked me back to the scanner.... in and out in less than 5 mins.

I will keep you updated on how long the entire process goes from this day to new LTCH in hand.

Overall I highly recommend the L-1 Identity Solutions for digital finger prints.

I took pictures for this review along with some video, but the BATF and FBI already stopped by my house and confiscated them. :shady:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    http://www.l1id.com/pages/81-touchprint-live-scans
    This morning I realized that my 4yr LTCH was going to expire in April... Time for a lifetime, and I hope I get it back before the expiration, you know how great that waiting game goes. A little research on INGO (doing everything I could to avoid the FAQ, cuz I hate it when the Mods are right)

First INGO has a FAQ?:n00b:

Second maybe you should of waited a bit longer, according to IC if you apply within 60 days before it expires, it remains valid until approved or denied. ISP has stated (it's on here somewhere, maybe in the fictional FAQ) that they are going by 180 days now because that is when you are allowed to apply. But ISP isn't your local prosecutor/judge/etc. So :dunno:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My appointment is in 1 hr. Ill add my $.02 when I get home.
    Everything I've heard so far is positive tho.

My appointment was at 9 am. I got there at 8:50, went right in.
    I was in my truck leaveing at 8:57. pretty good I think.

Last edited:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I filled out the paperwork online on Monday and had my appointment for L1 last night. It was quick and very easy. Today I went to the sherrifs office and paid my $50 and the office help was a little bit confused on what to do exactly. She looked something up on her computer, asked my name, took my money and gave me a receipt. I hope all is good as this just took effect the first of the year here.

I got my LTCH today!! 1/20/2011

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My friend and I went this route and had our lifetime LTCHs in 6 days. well worth the money and the guy was very nice at the Keystone location.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I did the L1 fingerprinting last week. It went okay but it took several tries to get the prints right for the computer. Paid my $50 at the local PD office on Friday. We will see when I actually get the permit.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I had my cousin do it when it first came out and he had his in hand in 4 days. A bit of confusion at the local PD but it went a whole lot faster than my 4 month wait.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I got mine back in September, I used the L1 service and did that and paid the local fee all on the same day. I had my LTCH in 4 days. 3 of those days were from it being in the hands of tha mail system. The issue date on my LTCH is the very next day after I did the prints and paid local PD.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I did my electronic fingerprints in Fort Wayne the weekend before xmas. My only complaint about L1 was that the building wasn't labelled other than some 8.5 x 11" printouts taped to the glass on the front door. I was in and out in less than five minutes.

The New Haven PD was different, though. They apparently only have one person who handles LTCH, and she was on vacation for two weeks (which I completely understand). My only complaint is that I had no way of knowing this until she returned my call when she got back, which happened to be the week I worked full time interning. But, I got my license in the mail early this week and I'm happy.

It was all really just bad timing on my part waiting until the holidays to decide I'm not going to be a part of the flock anymore.

I will surely use L1 again in 4 years when I renew my license (if I'm still in IN then).

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    1 week for entire process, and that includes Saturday, Sunday, MLK day, So 4 days from,,, oh crap I'm due, to in hand. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Denver,IN
    My wife and I went to L1 identity solutions in logansport last friday, entire process took about 10 minutes....had to wait until the 18th to go to miami county sheriffs office (office closed at noon on fridays). Just recieved our lifetimes this morning ( Jan 21 ). So it took only three days from the time the sheriffs office sent in the paperwork to the state......amazing!!! L1 is definitely worth the extra $10.95.:):

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    If you're going to get a LTCH, SPEND THE $10.95, and go through an L1 site. It literally took me less than 5 mins from when I walked through the door. Not to mention the shorter wait for the LTCH. +1 to redneckmedic, rep inbound

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Did L1 on Wednesday last week, paid at the local PD on Friday same week. Received license in the mail last week. 6 days from local PD to license in hand and no ink on my hands.

Top Bottom