• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I would assume they are not. A 9mm using this exact chassis would kill the .380 sales. IF...I mean IF they come up with a 9mm and it is larger than the .380, why not just move up to the G26 with its large capacity that's likely double.

A big advantage of this over the 26 is the grip width. My wife for instance has small hands and even the width of a G26 Gen 4 is too much for her to get a good grip and her finger comfortably on the trigger.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I would assume they are not. A 9mm using this exact chassis would kill the .380 sales. IF...I mean IF they come up with a 9mm and it is larger than the .380, why not just move up to the G26 with its large capacity that's likely double.

Not sure it would completely kill it, from what I have seen so far is the comments about how soft of a shooter it is, not sure if it would still be as soft if it shot 9mm. I would think there would still be a market for it (especially my wife :D ) just not as large of one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm still on the fence about this one...

Already have a mouse gun .380 and like it for it's tiny size/weight, especially in Summer. (Shorts, T-shirt, etc.) Like others have said-- for that size, I think I'd prefer a single stack 9mm instead-- but then again I have an LC9 that fits that bill for me. I think I'll wait a bit, shoot one and go from there before I decide. If anything, it might make a nice little training gun for my students, that won't sting their palms like the current little mouse guns do.

-Phil

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'd rather have a kahr cw 380 or p380...the glock Is bigger than the kahr and not as consealable...for a pocket gun. It's about the same size as the pm9...to me that's not acceptable. If it was 9mm....I think it would be a lot better...

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I'd rather have a kahr cw 380 or p380...the glock Is bigger than the kahr and not as consealable...for a pocket gun. It's about the same size as the pm9...to me that's not acceptable. If it was 9mm....I think it would be a lot better...

I honestly think the XDs is a better option for the same size. 9mm or 45acp same size as a G42.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sadclownwp, thanks for the review. I was curios if the 42 would be worthwhile to replace my P3AT. But after reading this, I think I'll keep the kel-tec

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I used to have a P3AT and HATED shooting it. It was painful and the sights were not intuitive. Eventually, the department pulled all Keltec from the approved list do to the high number of failures we were seeing at the range. They did not seem to have been built for high round counts. Their size made for GREAT concealment but they fell short in the confidence department. I've played with the 42 (not shot it yet) and I LOVE the size. Its perfect for back up/off duty carry. From what I've been told, they are very soft shooters and great for the wife and kids to practice on. Price point is great...LE discount puts it at $319...hard to pass up.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Your right, at 319 it would be almost impossible to pass up. I got my app in at the local Leo. If I get in I will be getting one at that price for sure!

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Andrew, when they announce availability in 9mm please put in an order for me. I'll gladly give a deposit if needed. But I'll pass on 380, I want 9mm in that size. Maybe 2 of them, one for me, one for my kid.

Ditto...and by this time next year you should have one in your paws! Its coming...

Top Bottom