Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Item: Rigid Brass Cather for M1 .30 Carbine
    Cost: $36.95 + shipping
    Vendor: E & L Manufacturer
    URL: Welcome to E&L Manufacturing

This is a video review of what the E&L Manufacturer Rigid Brass Catcher for the M1 .30 Carbine looks like and how to install it. Note that you must install the brass catcher after you chamber a round in the rifle as once the catcher is installed you will NOT be able to access the bolt rack.

108.jpg

(Image was taken from vendors website)

http://youtu.be/BOYwBojus78

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have one of those brass catchers for my AR A1 configuration... works great... holds about 90 pieces of brass before it starts to be a problem...

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Well for the .30 carbine I'm will to deal with the on/off as .30 carbine ammo is expensive and very hard to find on the range

I hear you. It's amazing that the price and availabilty .30 carbine ammo and components is where it's at, comparing to years past.

I've had a couple of E&L brasscatchers for several years (25?), for Mini 14 and Mini 14 Ranch. They do work but as you've found they can be a pain.

Did you notice if the brasscatcher was roughing up the finish of the wood?
    It's been many a moon since I've used mine but I recall they were hard on the finish. Not that that's the end of the world by any means.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did you notice if the brasscatcher was roughing up the finish of the wood?
    It's been many a moon since I've used mine but I recall they were hard on the finish. Not that that's the end of the world by any means.

Yes if you are not careful the catcher will rough up the finsih on the wood. I'm not too concern about it for my carbine since it's a shooter (replica from auto ordiance) and I tend to use it to shoot and not be a safe queen. So a scractch here, a ding there, discoloed wood is not an issue for me. So long a I can shoot it and hit my targets it can be PINK with Hello Kitty stickers and I don't mind. :)

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Yes if you are not careful the catcher will rough up the finsih on the wood. I'm not too concern about it for my carbine since it's a shooter (replica from auto ordiance) and I tend to use it to shoot and not be a safe queen. So a scractch here, a ding there, discoloed wood is not an issue for me. So long a I can shoot it and hit my targets it can be PINK with Hello Kitty stickers and I don't mind. :)

Same here, not that I have used them lately.
    I would have to look at them, but it may be a case of where some sharp, rough edges could be sanded down or whatever and help protect the finish.
    And probably a piece of masking tape temporarily placed on the offended areas would be a big help.

Top Bottom