• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I don’t get to the range as much as I like, retirement for is more free time, less money, but I am working part time in a gun store.. how bad can it be? My only option is Henryville State forest range, need to get back out there!! Nipprdog, you’re a bad influence! (Thanks!!!!)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don’t get to the range as much as I like, retirement for is more free time, less money, but I am working part time in a gun store.. how bad can it be? My only option is Henryville State forest range, need to get back out there!! Nipprdog, you’re a bad influence! (Thanks!!!!)
    I am a little afraid to work in a gun store…

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I stopped by the range twice a month, on my way home from work.
    Now retired since Nov 2023, I should be able to go anytime I want to right?
    Well maybe, I was stopping by Indy Arms pounce a month, until my wife said to take our oldest daughter in Avon out to shoot.
    Now we stop at the Avon RK for ammo, and shoot at Parabellum.
    So I have free time, but double the ammo cost each month, and ammo prices are gigabyte.
    9mm not so bad( but not like Walmart $7.95 a box of fifty back in the dsy ). .40 and .45 ammo fogedaboutit.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Well maybe, I was stopping by Indy Arms pounce a month, until my wife said to take our oldest daughter in Avon out to shoot.
    So I have free time, but double the ammo cost each month, and ammo prices are gigabyte.
    9mm not so bad( but not like Walmart $7.95 a box of fifty back in the dsy ). .40 and .45 ammo fogedaboutit.

Yeah, current ammo prices suck. Range time used to be a lot of shooting and a little talking, now it's a little shooting and a lot of talking.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Get that girl a 22.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Well everything went good today, did find the ram hunter isn't so good, but everything else i shot was all good to go, need a little fine tuning on the sierra match 155 grain tipped bullets, but didn't load any for today with reloader 15, did use shooters world precision in 308 at it was good to go, still working with the shooters world long rifle to find the sweet spot for 6.5cm.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    So jealous! I am still a couple years out but I am also planning my first year off!
    Stock up on shooting supplies while you are still working. Set maybe a fixed $$$ amount every week, every other week, or once a month and use that $$$ to buy some supplies up to your budgeted amount. If as you say you are two years out but by the time that day comes you’ll be in great shape vis-a-vis your shooting and firearms hobby.
    Good luck! :wavey:

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Stock up on shooting supplies while you are still working. Set maybe a fixed $$$ amount every week, every other week, or once a month and use that $$$ to buy some supplies up to your budgeted amount. If as you say you are two years out but by the time that day comes you’ll be in great shape vis-a-vis your shooting and firearms hobby.
    Good luck! :wavey:
    I'm working on it! I'm trying to slowly replace all the clothes in my closet with ammo cans!

Top Bottom