• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My mother gave me this .38 last year and I threw it in a drawer and decided to pull it out this week. I put a new grip on it since the wooden one was crumbling. :facepalm: My dad kept this in the trunk of his car for years and let the thing take a beating. Anyway, does anybody know of a good place that does restoration? I shot it today and it was as smooth as...well, you know. Thanks in advance for any help.

picture.php

picture.php

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just a suggestion.... a gun in that condition you don't have to worry about keeping it pristine. Your father may have done bad things to the finish, but I'm guess he got a lot more miles out of it than most people would. You might consider leaving it in its current condition and just start using it. Consider them battle scars.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Cool old pistol first off ,It depends on what you mean by restoration .If you mean redo the finish ,Duracoat the finish black (holds up better than blueing) but if you want a full blown restore (trigger work, springs ,internals work) There is a fellow in ft wayne by the name of ed shwartz (I think thats how its spelled) that Ive heard nothing but good things about. The other option is to restore it on your own but I personally like the look of it (well used) you wont have to freak everytime it gets a scratch

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Indy Gun Works

and/or

Nash Gunwerks

Both are INGO members and sponsors. And both do great work.

Is it a Model-10?

Top Bottom