• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife and I will be in Indy the first weekend of October for our wedding anniversary. We will be on the north side by 465 (the asphalt terminal area) and would like some suggestions for a classy place to have dinner. No seafood but just about any place else will do. And I would like to keep it around $20-$25 a plate.

Also, any place to ranges around that area? Wife might let me take her finally.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm not sure where the asphalt terminal is, but if its on that stretch of 465 over by the Pyramids, then that cluster at 86th and Ditch has Sawasdee Thai Cuisine, and Istanbul Cafe which I've been to, plus a bunch that I'm afraid to say I haven't but might be worth a shot - like Pearl Bistro. On Michigan itself I can only give a lukewarm recommendation for Taste of Europe, but a lot of folks really like it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm not sure where the asphalt terminal is, but if its on that stretch of 465 over by the Pyramids, then that cluster at 86th and Ditch has Sawasdee Thai Cuisine, and Istanbul Cafe which I've been to, plus a bunch that I'm afraid to say I haven't but might be worth a shot - like Pearl Bistro. On Michigan itself I can only give a lukewarm recommendation for Taste of Europe, but a lot of folks really like it.

86th and Zionsville and 465. Sybaris pool suites is where we are staying.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Harder to find things right there, but while it is a chain, Claddagh Irish Pub is nice enough. Probably a bit noisy, though. Alternatively, Ted's Montana Grill. I can't stand Uncle Ted's (Turner's) politics, but I had to meet some folks there for a business lunch once, and the food was good. Wish I knew that part of the Northside better to give you some good, locally owned spots :(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    86th and Zionsville and 465. Sybaris pool suites is where we are staying.

Seriously? :):

have a good time, but PleASE leave your pores intact and don't either of you shave anything for like a week before going there. I have seen some nasty skin infections from those types of places. I would suggest a suite at a normal hotel with a large jetted tub and spending the $$ on dinner and a show. Just sayin...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

have a good time, but PleASE leave your pores intact and don't either of you shave anything for like a week before going there. I have seen some nasty skin infections from those types of places. I would suggest a suite at a normal hotel with a large jetted tub and spending the $$ on dinner and a show. Just sayin...
    We've been there several times before with no problems.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Squeakers BBQ. Close enough to get it take out for sure about a block away, let's face it with the hotel choice some take home a sack dinner would be good just put on your clothes first.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Squeakers BBQ. Close enough to get it take out for sure about a block away, let's face it with the hotel choice some take home a sack dinner would be good just put on your clothes first.

That is what we have done in the past. I'm going to surprise Mrs. Bigtanker with a really nice dinner this time.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy

Chlorine or not, a spooge infested pool isn't my definition of a good time. :D

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mrs E is a pool professional. She laughed and said she wouldn't go there.

Wherever you eat, make sure you lay down the law with those waiters and whatnot, let them know in no uncertain terms how you expect to be treated. I understand that gets you what you [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE]deserve.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dont know how far you want to go from your hotel but east 82nd has a lot of options. So does down town indy.

Bravo has good food small portions.
    The Ale emporium has good beer, pizza and music.

Probably the largest cluster of restaurants is on west 86th to east 82 nd

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Mrs E is a pool professional. She laughed and said she wouldn't go there.

Wherever you eat, make sure you lay down the law with those waiters and whatnot, let them know in no uncertain terms how you expect to be treated. I understand that gets you what you [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE]deserve.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    ask NightOwl, I heard he is quite the connoisseur of fine dining.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom