• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    It's true, we need to get the FACTS out there, even if the "know it alls" won't listen. If I hear someone say "a cop told me if I shoot a burglar, drag him back inside" one more time, I'm going to pull out what's left of my hair!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Shooter I think you, I and a few others on here need to do a book called "Gunshop Tales" it would make a great stocking stuffer. :):

Yes it would. But to be fair, the more frequently discussed flipside to this is "Bull**** I've been told by gun salesmen"... which is actually MORE troublesome, since we're the ones who are supposed to know what we're talking about!

1. The Book
    I'll buy your book "I Heard It at the Gun Shop." Perhaps you could have both parts..."What customers have told us" and "What customers were told at other gun shops." It would make hilarious reading! :rockwoot:

That was exactly my thought, too... Let's do two editions! :D

Sadly, it isn't just gun stores....it's retail in general. Not Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes

It's customer service stories that make you hang your head if you work in one of these types of businesses. Mostly because you know the people that you are reading about.

I work in retail... sometimes you have to wonder though if those stories are real or made up. And now watch... tomorrow, I'll go in to work, and run in to every single one of those customers. I love the holiday shopping season! :):

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    so, last night i field a call from a customer. he was upset because he had asked for the wrong ammo and GOTTEN the wrong ammo. i have been told its state law to not return ammo (though i haven't found any comfirmation of it), so as store policy, no ammo returns.

but he was upset because he had no grasp of the differences in loadings and types of ammuntion. he wanted it for home defense but had the typical NO knowledge about anything, but only what he figured out from TV and backwater fireside chats.... typical answers to my questions included:

"i got a big house...."
    "i want their face to fall off..."
    "my walls are thick. drywall. nothing is getting through that."
    "slugs are stupid."
    "i'll drag them back inside if i have too....."
    "well, my buddy told me......."
    "i don't know what the pattern looks like.... i haven't shot it....."

good grief.... and then people wonder why alot of folks don't trust gun owners............

Hey Disposable Heart ,,,,, Wasn't that guy at ECPR a couple of weeks ago ???? :scratch:

Top Bottom