• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    A lot of local places would benefit from this though, sure they can sell online but why does a retail store have to pay taxes but an online store doesnt? That is not right, either make both pay no taxes or both pay taxes, obviously they would never allow them both to pay no taxes. This may create even more competition and lower prices overall, at least locally. if i were a small company i would want amazon to have to follow the same rules as i do.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    What do they get in return from the state they collect for and send sales tax to? Are Indiana snow plows going to drive to Colorado and plow the road which the store resides? NY fire fighters going to drive to California to put out a fire at the store in CA which collects taxes for NY's government?

Taxes are supposed to pay for services. What services are they receiving?

So to get their product produced and shipped to said customer no state funded services of said customer were involved?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    How the heck are we supposed to make any credible claims towards free trade with other nations when we don't even believe in free trade WITHIN the States?

Top Bottom