• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I got home tonight and opened up my trash bill from Republic Services.
    I am on a 3 month billing cycle and this time it was 15% higher than the prior billing cycle. I called and finally got through to which I asked if there were any cheaper options. I have two trash hoppers and I could drop it down to one, which would put me back at the price I was. As I rarely use two, I said let's go ahead and do that. I was then told that to do that it would be a $40 pickup fee. If that is the case leave my account in place, I will find another service and call back to cancel.

I talked to my wife who agreed that it was crap and called them back to cancel. When prompted that there would be a $40 fee to pickup the trash cans, I asked if they could show where I agreed to this type of fee when I initiated service. To which it was "well sir this is part of the rental fees". I again asked where I would have been advised of this and she said it was part of the local service contract and that is why I am telling you now before it is charged. I then said, I will throw them in the back of my truck and drop the off at your Mac Beth road location in Fort Wayne. The response was "sir the is not an option in your area". I asked to have a supervisor contact me as I will not agree to a charge for them to come pick up their crap.

I doubt I will get a call, so I will be sending a certified letter tomorrow requesting to cancel my service and that I will not agree to a pickup fee unless they can specifically point out where I would have been notified of these fees or provide a recording of the initial setup of service. Just for giggles, I might throw in my own terms of a storage fee if not picked up by a set date and the hours that they can come to pickup their cans.

Sorry for the rant.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We went through a similar thing with Able which was owned by Allied too. Our bill went up every year until we had enough and went to Waste Management. My wife called and cancelled and they said that they would lower the bill. Too late for that. I shouldn't have to call my vendor and ask them to not screw me every year.

She also paid them the pickup fee. I was against it, but she had already agreed to it and paid it by the time I knew about it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    When we canceled them a few years ago, they tried to charge me $20 to pick up our one container. I told them it was theirs and if they wanted it, they could come and get it. I informed them it would be by the road and if they didn't pick it up someone else surely would. They picked it up. They sent me a bill. I never paid it and after a few phone calls to "discuss" the charge, they dropped it.

When we changed LP gas companies, we ran into the same thing. It was their tank. They were going to charge me to pick it up. I told them where they would find it and if it wasn't picked up in a week, we would drag it down the road to their location or would drag it out to the road and let the scrappers have it. They picked it up. They sent me a bill. I refused to pay it. They dropped the fees and quit sending the bill after a couple of calls to try and collect. It was their damn tank....if they wanted it, they could come and get it.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    we had a lp tank that was mom and dads when they had a rv at my house. after they sold it i finished the tank off.it was a 150 or 200 gal i think, well told them to come get it, there is a $75 charge to get it, 10 miles. told them no i not paying ill just put in the back of my truck and take it to them, they said u cant do that, um yes i can. finally told them to come get it when they are ready but im not paying for them to get there tank a week later it was gone and no bill.

keep calling them get a manger on the phone or go in person. id not pay for them go get there stuff unless its in writing some where.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm going through this exact thing with them right now. They are suppose to be picking up my second container today however they never advised me of a pick up fee. If they put it on my bill it will not be paid.

My price went from 76 dollars to 91. I asked the lady to explain the jump in price. We talked for 40 minutes and she couldn't do it lol. I was pissed. I immediately called every other trash company and unfortunately for me republic is the only trash company that services my area. I hope they try for the 40 fair pick up fee. It will not be paid.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm going through this exact thing with them right now. They are suppose to be picking up my second container today however they never advised me of a pick up fee. If they put it on my bill it will not be paid.

My price went from 76 dollars to 91. I asked the lady to explain the jump in price. We talked for 40 minutes and she couldn't do it lol. I was pissed. I immediately called every other trash company and unfortunately for me republic is the only trash company that services my area. I hope they try for the 40 fair pick up fee. It will not be paid.

I believe they attempt to charge $20 per container. He had said he had two containers to be picked up for the $40, and when we went through this, I had one container that they were trying to charge $20 for. It's stupid. It's their container. If they want, they need to pick it up.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Sorry for those of you with no choice. I went through the same thing after Rumpke sold out to Republic. I called Ray's after seeing them on the Zamboni at an Indiana Ice game and haven't looked back. Shaved something like $40 off a 3 month bill and the only changes I've noticed were a few bucks (less than $5) in fuel surcharges when the prices spiked.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Little update:

Things got a little crazy with work and the kids this past week, so I did not get around to sending a certified letter...... nor did I get a call back from a supervisor. So on Friday, I get a text from my wife that Republic just left with the trash bin that was outside. This was somewhat humorous as they never let me know they were coming. The other bin was in the garage and they didn't come to the door, just grabbed the one bin and left.

I got off early on Friday so I called and explained to the rep that we had a little problem. She was apologetic and we came to an agreement that they waive the pickup charge and lowered my rate for one bin I would continue service. So with one bin it will be under $60 with fees/fuel surcharge for 3 months. She was shocked that the prior representatives refused to work with me to retain my business. So if they hold true to their word, I will continue service.

Top Bottom