• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    For $50 a kholster is great too. excellent quality and great customer service. I would recommend checking into them also to save a few $$. I found mine to be comparable to any of the higher dollar holsters in that type.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I do get what you are saying, but the better option, IMO, is to get a second gun. The only reason I considered carrying a small pistol is for deeper concealment, not comfort. I would never give up the capacity of a larger gun over a smaller, simply for comfort. I would even carry a Glock 19, which is VERY comfortable when carried with the right holster, over the Kar CW9. I've seen a few people go with smaller guns for comfort and come to realize that it's the holster that makes the difference. Besides, the Crossbreed has gotten very good reviews on INGO and other boards.

Now, if it's the case that you just prefer the Kahr over the Sig, that's a different story.

I prefer single stack to double stack for exactly that reason - deep concealment. There may come a time when I'll trade the better concealment for the extra capacity. Not currently. Just moved up to a Kahr CM9 from an LCP. That was a trade up in size and cost for firepower (9 vs 380) and accuracy. Maybe the next step is a compact double stack?? Although it will be HARD to talk me out of the Kahr.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Since i was stupid and looked at and handled the Kahr again yesterday, i decided that it is most definitely what i want. Although at times i am sure i will miss the Sig, i am pretty sure i have it sold. I hope to have a CW9 in the next few days after i see who has the best price on one. Thanks for all the input fellas!

theoko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Yeah you can call me ghetto, but I give new meaning to the word "Pocket pistol" because I carry my sig pro all the time in my right pocket of my shorts. I guess I'm pretty lucky my pocket is big enough to hold a sig pro. It does feel a bit heavy at first, but i get used to it.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I think you're on the right track, my buddy has a Sig Pro, and it is quite bulky. Whe you can get good equipment to make carrying more comfy, you will never get rid of the fact that there is a brick in between your side and your pants. I love single stack guns for carry, as they are simply less bulky and cumbersome. I carry a Walther PPS, but wouldn't hesitate to carry a Kahr instead. Don't waste money on good equipment, when the pistol you're buying it for is too large for you to carry.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    can't believe all these people calling the sig huge and bulky? it's a VERY concealable pistol and on most points is just plain better than the kahr. but your money do want you want I'll take 15 over 8 any day.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    can't believe all these people calling the sig huge and bulky? it's a VERY concealable pistol and on most points is just plain better than the kahr. but your money do want you want I'll take 15 over 8 any day.

It is for an edc pistol, it even makes my G19 look trim and fit. I'm not knocking the Sig, it's a good gun that shoots well, it just isn't very good for IWB carry due to the thickness and grip length. As far as capacity, spare single stacked mags are very easy to carry discreetly.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I own both guns, and both are great guns! I would say save up your money and buy the Khar and keep the SP2022, I would not sell a high cap gun right now! I remember the 94 to 2004 high cap ban when those types of guns could not be found or you paid a premium for them! Just my :twocents: worth, :D

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    I own both guns, and both are great guns! I would say save up your money and buy the Khar and keep the SP2022, I would not sell a high cap gun right now! I remember the 94 to 2004 high cap ban when those types of guns could not be found or you paid a premium for them! Just my :twocents: worth, :D

Being that you won't get much trading in your 2022 I also would suggest keeping it
    and buying a used khar. IMO the 2022 is to large to carry.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I ended up selling the Sig rather then trading it in and came out pretty good on it. About a day or two later i picked up a Kahr CW9 for a pretty good price and i immediately fell in love with it as soon as i put it in the holster. It pretty much disappears with little effort and after having it on for a short time, i almost could forget its there. When i went to the range to break it in, it didn't disappoint either, 0 failures shooting a few different varieties of FMJ and my defense ammo. The capacity of the Sig will be missed, especially at the range, but i do not regret my decision. I am not knocking the Sig by any means, because i did become quite fond of it and wouldn't mind having another one someday when the funds allow it, but i just decided that it was more gun then i wanted to carry right now. I appreciate all the opinions and definitely see it from all sides, and overall feel good about my choice. Thanks fellas!

bpeele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Have had a CW9 for like 4 years now. Never had a problem with, never misfired with any ammo i've ever put in it. Would suggest a Kahr to anyone. Also have a supertuck, nice combo, very comfortable (not the best looking holster, but damn comfy).

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Definitely get a good flashlight whether you stick with the Sig or go with something else. A good flashlight and a little training in how to use them is a must for any gun owner even if you have a latest and greatest super-tactical-ninja-special weapon light. I'm not trying to hijack the thread or bash weapon lights, I use them as well, but the light on your gun is not for searching out a threat, it's to identify it before you start putting holes in it.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Congrats on the purchase. You can't go wrong with the kahr. They are great little guns. If you feel out gunned with the lower capacity mags just get a few more. That is another benefit of a single stack....... the mags really disappear and conceal so easy.

Top Bottom