• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    FWIW, I don't buy the, "I pled to just get it over" BS. Innocent men don't take felony plea bargains.

Unfortunately, Mr. Green too often gets in the way, and many are forced down that path, instead of going to trial.

I sure that the legal counsel here can educate everyone to Mr. Green's true identity.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Wow, seems like a lot of hate for the guy.

Maybe his PO is understanding that the guns are yours and not available to him. A renter/rentee relationship is not the same as if this guy is living in a house with a bunch of scofflaws with guns.

And I agree, he's the one who will get into trouble, not you. He needs to be responsible now (it sounds like he made a poor choice in the past...)

FWIW, I don't buy the, "I pled to just get it over" BS. Innocent men don't take felony plea bargains.
    "Prisons are full of innocent people, wrongly convicted of a crime that they never could have committed." This is what the prisoner says, even if there is a videotape of the criminal committing the act. I would NEVER believe someone convicted of a crime would actually level with me on it, especially if I am providing them with a service or opportunity that, if I believe they are guilty of, would never provide them.

Do yourself a favor, and ask the person to move on. It can be done nicely, tell them you're acting on the advice of legal counsel. A little money is not worth a large headache and a loss of your firearms, or worse.

JMO...

Avon76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Well to clarify, yes it is a good friend, no it was not a felony. He actually asked about the gun safe issue and was told that does not count. Since I carry 99% of the time I can carry my gun and it really is not illegal. My other guns I have moved them to a friends house. This has nothing to do with the money for me.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Well to clarify, yes it is a good friend, no it was not a felony. He actually asked about the gun safe issue and was told that does not count. Since I carry 99% of the time I can carry my gun and it really is not illegal. My other guns I have moved them to a friends house. This has nothing to do with the money for me.
    Good luck. Not sure why you asked. It is clear your decision is made, and you are fine with it. I wish you luck, but if something happens and you lose your ability to own firearms, don't come back saying no one warned you.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow, seems like a lot of hate for the guy.

Maybe his PO is understanding that the guns are yours and not available to him. A renter/rentee relationship is not the same as if this guy is living in a house with a bunch of scofflaws with guns.

And I agree, he's the one who will get into trouble, not you. He needs to be responsible now (it sounds like he made a poor choice in the past...)

Maybe people like us here would not take a felony plea, but millions of sheople would gladly take it if it meant they did not have to go to jail

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

do you have insurance on those guns that covers them someplace else ? Your buddy's insurance might not cover them if something happens..

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

Felony plea bargains? I don't know why anyone would take one. But a plea bargain on a felony to reduce to a misdemeanor whether at time of plea or after probation/court loop jumping? Yes I can see where someone would do that to just move on and put mistakes behind them. I mean the way courts work anymore the cases are drawn out time after time. And with lawyer fees and personal time lost and inconveninces after a year or so of court dates it would almost be worth it to cop to a plea and start putting it behind you. But that's just me looking at the end result. A year of court dates and still probation or something or just saying hey lets cut the BS and call it a draw(plea). After all it is all about the $$$$$ anyway.

:twocents:

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    If 'no firearms' was a COURT order, the PO does not have the discretion to waive it. If your probation had been revoked, do you suppose she would have gone to jail in your place?

If you were on probation for a felony offense, her leniency wouldn't mean squat to the BATFE and the local USA.

If you were on probation for a 'serious violent felony', double plus ungood for you. Take your pick, state or federal pen.

obviously it wasn't a felony offense...the court order (at least in my case) was, and i'm paraphrasing, to follow all rules/regulations set forth by the probation dept.

Top Bottom