• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Thanks for info sir, I did the L1 prints method, it is just insane anything takes this long! They had no problems taking my money straight away!

i did L-1 and had mine back in 6 days......that was a few years back.......you did take you money and receipt to the sheriff dept?

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    If one were to move out of state and have an (earlier acquired) unexpired IN handgun permit, does it automatically become a non-resident permit or does such a thing have to be applied for separately?

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    From what I have found online when you notify the state that you have moved they will "suspend" the license and iirc you have to get a non resident license. If you do move back to Indiana and when you notify the state they will reinstate the lifetime permit.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    My wife and I are new to Indiana, and we've applied for our permits. The question I have is: how do you receive your permit when it comes in? Do they mail it to you, or do you have to pick it up at the sheffifs office or somewhere else?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If one were to move out of state and have an (earlier acquired) unexpired IN handgun permit, does it automatically become a non-resident permit or does such a thing have to be applied for separately?

From what I have found online when you notify the state that you have moved they will "suspend" the license and iirc you have to get a non resident license. If you do move back to Indiana and when you notify the state they will reinstate the lifetime permit.

Indiana does NOT issue a non-resident LTCH (with the exception of to those persons whose primary place of employment is in Indiana. If you move out of state you must obtain a license/permit from your new state of residence or a non-resident permit recognized by your state.

RedJester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went down to the Marion Co. City/County building today to hand in the local portion of my LTCH renewal paperwork, and discovered that the Firearms division is no longer open on Tuesdays. There was a sign on the door to room E100 stating this, but I asked the desk officer anyway, and she confirmed it. There was nothing about this on the MCSO web page, in fact the "Gun Permit" section on their page is currently blank. I just wanted to save others a wasted drive and lunch hour.

mopar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    greenfield, in
    How big of a hassle is it to renew/apply for a permit in Marion county? I need to renew and my wife wants to apply (finally). I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions to make it go smoother.
    be ready for a long delay. I applied to renew my license 0n 01/28/2013
    and just received my new license in the mail this week (06/12/2013) This time I was smart enough to get a lifetime instead of a 4 year.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Moving back after 1.5 yrs away.... Heard the wait time is back to normal 4-8 weeks. Is that about right? Is it best to apply online ?

Don't know about renewals, but new apps with a clean record are getting licenses in a matter of DAYS in some cases.

Everything is online with the state. Your local may require cash or a M.O.

Retired2011

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Dillsboro
    Don't know about renewals, but new apps with a clean record are getting licenses in a matter of DAYS in some cases.

Everything is online with the state. Your local may require cash or a M.O.

Roger the online app..... All is fine with the background ....currently have a SC CWP...which Indiana recognizes....

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    be ready for a long delay. I applied to renew my license 0n 01/28/2013
    and just received my new license in the mail this week (06/12/2013) This time I was smart enough to get a lifetime instead of a 4 year.

I'm curious, when you renew , do you have to do the fingerprint thing again?

Top Bottom