• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I applied the 22nd. Non L1 (didn't know abut it until after I went the slow way). Does anyone have any info if I can go do L1 and apply after I already applied through the mail? Just to speed things up?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Do I need 4 stamps when I go to pay my local fee if I went the L1 route?

Found out you do not for L1

I applied the 22nd. Non L1 (didn't know abut it until after I went the slow way). Does anyone have any info if I can go do L1 and apply after I already applied through the mail? Just to speed things up?

This was posted by someone in the other LTC thread.

For anyone who did a print card not L1 and was frustrated by the difference i wanted to relay my experience. I called ISP today and asked if I hadn't originally done L1 if there was anything I could do to expedite. She suggested if I did an L1 from my current application code and pay the fee, it would be submitted and speed up the process.

Once they get o the paper ink card they would realize I paid via L1 online and refund my original money order sent with my mailed ink card ($70) at that time. So I'm not paying the fee twice, I will get a refund she just said it may take 14-16 weeks until they get to the paper/mailed application. So I'm totally fine not getting my $70 back for a few months as long as it means I get my LTCH quicker. The recording at ISP says 4 weeks for L1 and 14 weeks for mailed apps.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I just called ISP and asked if I could just do the L1 after I applied through the mail. He said I couldn't because I already applied.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Quick question. I applied for life time years ago the slow way.
    Just helped my wife apply online and she is going to do L1. They charged me $85for setting the appointment. Does she have to pay any one else? Is it just $85 for lifetime if she does it electronically?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Quick question. I applied for life time years ago the slow way.
    Just helped my wife apply online and she is going to do L1. They charged me $85for setting the appointment. Does she have to pay any one else? Is it just $85 for lifetime if she does it electronically?

Still have to pay the local fee. The $85 covered L1 and the state fee.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    So im going friday to do my L1. I already did it the slow way and paid the fees. But reading on here it appears I can do the L1 still and pay the 85. Anything else I need to do other than calling and getting my app number?

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    I have an apointment for the L1 on the 12th. I need to bring a MO for $84.95. Who is it made out to? I'm thinking the ISP but not sure. Can't find it anywhere.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    MorphoTrust USA is who the MO is made out to.

I had to actually had to dial a phone and talk to someone, that was tough. LOL

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Just out of simple curiosity, does anyone know the full scope of the background check that ISP runs for LTCH issuance? i.e. do they just check for records within the state? do they run a NICS check, or full NCIC check against federal databases? How far/wide do they go?

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    I submitted to ISP online. Visited L1. Delivered pw to local PD and paid local fee ($50 cash, is this the norm?) Local PD said that they approved yet I must snail mail yet more pw that they printed into ISP. Again...is this norm? I haven't heard of anything being snail mailed if filed electronically.

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    $50 local fee is accurate and local PD is having me mail the app that they printed and approved to the state. I was under the impression that when I applied electronically to the state that there wouldn't be any need for mailing. Local PD could not explain but said that some they approved received notice from ISP to mail the app in. Clear as mud

Last edited:

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    Question, i put in my CCW paperwork over 2 months ago in Greene county! have not heard a thing back yet! anyone know how long it is taking these days? my friend submitted the same day so we both have clean records so its nothing negative. thanking you in advance for your help

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Question, i put in my CCW paperwork over 2 months ago in Greene county! have not heard a thing back yet! anyone know how long it is taking these days? my friend submitted the same day so we both have clean records so its nothing negative. thanking you in advance for your help

You might want to check the sticky thread mentioned just above this, that is on the list just a few threads down that has current wait times. Did you do a paper application for the L1 printing? You'll be waiting a long time if you did the paper prints, if you did the L1 prints, you should be getting there, probably 4-5 more weeks to go.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    You might want to check the sticky thread mentioned just above this, that is on the list just a few threads down that has current wait times. Did you do a paper application for the L1 printing? You'll be waiting a long time if you did the paper prints, if you did the L1 prints, you should be getting there, probably 4-5 more weeks to go.

Thanks for info sir, I did the L1 prints method, it is just insane anything takes this long! They had no problems taking my money straight away!

Top Bottom