• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When applying for a license, do you need to already have information on your gun (have a gun)? Looking to purchase soon, wondering when I should look into getting the license.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    When applying for a license, do you need to already have information on your gun (have a gun)? Looking to purchase soon, wondering when I should look into getting the license.
    Do not need a gun to have a license.
    Do not need to have a license to own a gun, unless you plan on carrying it, and by "carry" that includes in your vehicle to anywhere, including the range you practice at.
    The two are not connected, and you should not be required to show one to obtain the other.

PS. Get the lifetime license, apply today.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...Apparently, the online LTCH app is available in nine(edit: 24) counties now:

and from what Tippecanoe sheriff Tracy Brown wrote in a note to me a while back, more on the way. Nine down, 82 to go!

Blessings,
    Bill

I dropped Sheriff Brown a note yesterday and he replied that his wish is to have Tippecanoe Co. online by end of August. This would please me greatly. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sent in the app today down at Greenwood PD. The older fella that fingerprinted me was hella nice!

Hehe yeah, he's been there forever.

So, after some initial nerves and whatnot... I'm very excited to get my permit. My gun should be here Monday/Tuesday... I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! I want my permit :(

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Question

I'm moving to Avon (Hendricks Co.) Aug. 15th and I'm going to wait until after I move before I apply for my LTCH so I dont have to deal with going Downtown. Anyone know where I need to go to apply in Hendricks Co.?

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I'm moving to Avon (Hendricks Co.) Aug. 15th and I'm going to wait until after I move before I apply for my LTCH so I dont have to deal with going Downtown. Anyone know where I need to go to apply in Hendricks Co.?

Within Avon City Limits at the Avon Police dept, if in the county you go to Danville to the Sheriffs Dept.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've recently moved (within the state) so what do about my CC since my address has changed?
    You are NOT required by law to change your LTCH simply due to an improper address.
    That said, it's a good idea to do, so that all your I.D. have the same info.
    Submit an application for a duplicate license. $20.00

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    IT CAME! IT FINALLY CAME!!!

I'm going out, and I'm not coming back! Going to enjoy the day to the fullest!!

When did you send it out? Curious to how long mine will take (sent it out last week 7/23). Hope it come before my vacation, would like to carry.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now seems like a good time to apply if you need to, my wife just got her's back in exactly three weeks. One third the time it took me earlier this year.

I heard, from a friend of a friend (not real reliable I know) that they got theirs in 2 weeks recently....I would be ecstatic if that's the case.

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm hoping that I have something to brag about.
    I just got my LTCH, and it only took 17 days. I guess the powers-to-be are caught up or they got a lot of help.
    Happy shooting...

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have been trying to call the Elkhart county Sheriff's dept to find out what hours I can apply, but the phone forwards to the correctional facility.

Top Bottom