• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    A few years ago, at the local spot shoot, they’d been having a 22 shoot, a guy shows up and starts cleaning up!…someone asked “what you shooting?” He replied I bought a savage from Whitakers in Owensboro…Whittaker’s had bought an over run from savage that was made for the Canadian market…smooth bore 22 bolt action rifles made for pest control!…the next shoot, everyone showed up with them!

I worked at a shop that had guy showing up and asking us to mount and bore sight in all these savage guns…then we started getting calls asking if we could get them, we couldn’t as Whittaker bought every one they had!…and now I think they’re a catalog item available everyday, and I know Henry makes one (I think they call it a garden gun)…you might have better luck with that
    Yes, I have one of those Savage bolt actions. The difference in shooting .22 shot through it versus a rifled bore is worlds apart.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Henry garden gun is what you want.
    Right at $400, it will be less expensive, have a factory warranty, and who doesn't like a Henry?

I have a garden gun and it is more fun than should be allowed by law.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom