• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwp9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greensburg
    What is the best way to remove burn rings on my nickle plated S&W 36? I know it doesnt hurt it I just want to get them off of the cylinder. Thanks

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Before you shoot, use on the front of the cylinder. Makes clean up soooo much easier and very heart healthy.:D

pam-spray-de-37248535.jpg

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    I got a yellow cloth called "lead-away" rubs that stuff right off, I believe you can buy it just about anywhere. doesn't leave any scratches.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I've used Simichrome polish before, but would be careful on nickel plated arms. Midway USA and other companies sell a "lead free cloth" that is impregnated with chemicals that will take that burn ring out. Also with nickel plating, do not use any solvents that have ammonia in them. Ammonia will go to work on the plating if you leave the solvent on for some time.

When I shot PPC, I would get a brass bristled "toothbrush", and after shooting, scrub the face of the cylinder of the revolver between matches and after finishing shooting for the day. That helped with the detailed clean up at home.

Top Bottom