• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i've looked them over for a while, with a bit of disbelief. i don't really care for anything that doesn't "seem" secure. i've seen the video of a girl doing calisthenics with a concealed LCR with it not moving, still doubtful.
    finally decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, for 20 bucks it was worth the shot.

quick review - easily the best IWB holster i've had, at a third the price. custom kydex/leather pieces with spring steel clips? never again. this little piece of fibers knocks them out. it won't move, even if you try. never again do I have to worry about it riding up, moving around, falling down my pants, etc. it even shows less, and to boot its COMFORTABLE, very much so.

i know i'm sounding like a sales rep here, but I'm really just sharing my experience. those that know me, know I don't get excited about much. have searched high and low for a decent piece of leather that fits well and keeps things secure, and I haven't found it. this does it all, and everything in between.

I bought one for my LCR, and going forward i'll be picking one up for the rest of my carry pieces.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

EDIT: i guess this should prob be moved to accessories or something.

Last edited:

Swim404

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    ATL
    Alan, the owner, is originally from Indiana. If you are debating between a few versions of a certain holster he's incredibly helpful! I really like my Bodyguard 380 holster from Remora.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I think I'll pick one of these up for my P3AT when I don't feel like carrying the G19. Thanks for the review.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I've only seen these demonstrated with smaller pistols. I only carry 1911's right now, both govt and commander sized. How well would this holster work? I have seen them a lot, but haven't pulled the trigger on one.

I have one for my Kimber Pro CDP II and love it. It doesn't move any more than the Remoras I own for my smaller pistols.

Now, in fairness, today my Kydex attachment showed up for my Comp-Tac Minotaur holster, so I need to see how the two compare. However, for sheer comfort and expense, I don't see how you can go wrong with a Remora.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Jumping on the bandwagon. I have one for my LCP and for my CM9. Totally works as advertised. Happy (formerly skeptical) customer.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I picked up one at the last gun show and have used it more often than my clip on IWB holster. It is quick and easy, cheap, and really practically a universal holster (although you should get the right size for best fit).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i really can't say enough about these things. i practiced draw with it today many times. standing, sitting, laying flat on floor. draw is smooth and with little resistance, the kicker for me was even during rapid/panicked drawstroke, the holster itself didn't budge.
    few times in my life have i ever looked at something with such disbelief, and have it come out meeting my standards, let alone exceeding them. so yes, i'm very excited about this. i can't recommend them enough.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Mine has moved on me a little this summer when out working in 90+ degree heat and sweating like a pig at a pig roast. Under anything less than those extreme conditions, it has never moved, has been the most comfortable holster I own, and has the smoothest draw of any holster I own--and it carries a revolver believe it or not!

BrowningFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    I carry a standard sized XDM 9mm and love it. For the price you are taking very little risk, and the company has a no questions asked satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like it return it and get your money back. My guess is you will love it and keep it.

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Was very skeptical about them when I saw them on You Tube. I bought one for my PF9 thinking if it didn't work it's only twenty five bucks. BY FAR the best holster I own. I own about ten holsters with a couple that costs almost ninety dollars. I loved it so much I double checked to make sure they made one for a SR40C before I bought it. I'm sold. Great Customer service also.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    After reading all the post I ordered one that fits my, PPS, M&P Shield, and my XDs. I figure one holster that fits 3 of my guns, I can't go wrong.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Two weeks ago I got a sticky holster for my Walther P99C (dimensions very close to a G26). Holds the gun very snug, you can hold the holster upside down with the gun in it and it wont fall out. So snug I can't use it as a pocket holster as it takes two hands to get it out.

So after reading this thread I ordered a remora holster. Will post opinions after I receive it.

Follow up (11 Jan 2013):

Today I received the 6G-ART-RFT Remora holster for my Walther P99C AS (basic size same as G26).
    Had the holster for 1 hour. First impressions. Well made, fits gun perfectly. Holds gun snug I can insert gun into holster and hold upside down will not fall out, even with strenuous shaking motion.

I am going to use this for a pocket holster in my winter coat. Fits well in pocket, holster material grabs inside of pocket sufficiently to allow one handed draw. Re-holstering is easy as the holster has a reinforced top.

I may do a in-depth reivew and comparison in a separate thread. For now the Remora seems to be better suited for my purposes. Here are some pics to compare holsters:

Remora Holster

remoraholster_zpse6e236b8.jpg

Stickey Holster

StickyHolster2_zpsc5798e94.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom