• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Ford vs. Chevy....both good, everyone has a preference. I have both, personally, my Savage(s) generally shot better out of the box than my Remington(s). Remington used to be more "customize-able", but for the most part, not anymore. If you hate it from the start, you'll probably still hate it later on. Check them both out and get whatever one you like the feel of better.

Dirty Steve

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A few years ago I was diehard Remington. I bought a savage just to prove it was not as accurate as a Remington. Then I shot a 5 shot 1.1 inch group at 200 yards with a factory rifle and factory ammo. Obviously my plan didnt work, so I bought another. I shot a 5 shot group with it at 200 yards with factory ammo and it measured 1.4.

The moral of the story is Savage is making ALOT better rifle than they usto to. In my mind its a toss up, with Savage in a slight lead

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I'm extremely impressed with how stock savage rifles shoot, and the accutrigger is a very good trigger. Changing barrels is also very easy.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Have you looked at the Ruger American Rifles?
    Might be an option for you price is good and Ruger makes a great product.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I hate the bolt lift on Savages and really don't like the safety placement on them either.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I'm a Savage fan myself. Either way you will have a great rifle and endless upgrades available. I ended up with the Savage Stevens because it was the most inexpensive option knowing I would end up upgrading the stock and trigger anyways.

Top Bottom