• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The video at the end is pretty brief. If it weren't for the rest of the reports, I would have said that was a hang fire.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    a dozen deaths, 75 lawsuits. I would say thats not too bad for a company that has made millions of firearms.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Glad I switch to Accuracy International!!!

None of my AI's have gone off on their own, but none of the 700's I owned every did either.

While there may be some truth to this matter I feel neglect/inexperiance along with "tampering" of the trigger are to explain. I would love to know if the PD 700 going off had a trigger in it "tuned" by the officer/armorer or if it in fact still had the remington glue lawyers still attached to the trigger weight and sear engagment screws.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Glad I switch to Accuracy International!!!

None of my AI's have gone off on their own, but none of the 700's I owned every did either.

While there may be some truth to this matter I feel neglect/inexperiance along with "tampering" of the trigger are to explain. I would love to know if the PD 700 going off had a trigger in it "tuned" by the officer/armorer or if it in fact still had the remington glue lawyers still attached to the trigger weight and sear engagment screws.

Playing the odds that I like to do would make me guess that it wasnt a stock trigger.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    See, this is why I only carry un-loaded muzzel loading weapons, I aint gonna never assidentally shoot mysef er somebody ess.:D Hell, I don't even carry black powder with me. These modern firearms are just too damn dangerous.:draw:

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    a dozen deaths, 75 lawsuits. I would say thats not too bad for a company that has made millions of firearms.

Replace firearms with automobiles in that statement.

Think about it for a minute.

Lets see if CNBC maintains their credibility as much as they have with the GM fuel tanks in 1992 and Toyota throttle controls earlier this year.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Replace firearms with automobiles in that statement.

Think about it for a minute.

Lets see if CNBC maintains their credibility as much as they have with the GM fuel tanks in 1992 and Toyota throttle controls earlier this year.

Meh, I still stand by what I said, for the amount of units made its not a big deal. Its nothing more than a BS journalism.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    This is just step 1 in proving to anti gunners that guns go off on their own and it's dangerous to have one in public.

I feel bad for the victims of the shots, but if the muzzle was ALWAYS pointed in a safe direction, ESPECIALLY if it is known to be loaded. *shakes head* There ARE reason for safe firearm practices...

Even when I'm not touching it, my firearms are pointed away from anyone in the house.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Let see anti-gun tv station going after the standard in hunting and sporting firearms. Sounds typical to me. Im guessing they where altered triggers as well. Definitly not being used by gun safe people. the first three storys were caused by unsafe gun handleing. First I would never carry a boltaction gun of any type chambered let alone point it at anyone when done so. The police vid looks alot like a hangfire or a faulty primer as well.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This is just step 1 in proving to anti gunners that guns go off on their own and it's dangerous to have one in public.

I feel bad for the victims of the shots, but if the muzzle was ALWAYS pointed in a safe direction, ESPECIALLY if it is known to be loaded. *shakes head* There ARE reason for safe firearm practices...

Even when I'm not touching it, my firearms are pointed away from anyone in the house.

Correct! Any mechanical device can fail. I have never had a 700 fire on its own and I have and have owned many over the years. If you really stop and think about the 700's trigger to firing pin setup I can't help but think it is a issue with adjustment. I guess it could be out of spec parts to but I dunno.

Bottom line is like the poster said, if the person was using known and proper firearms safety no one would have been killed or even wounded. No such animal as a idiot proof weapon IMO.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Let see anti-gun tv station going after the standard in hunting and sporting firearms. Sounds typical to me. Im guess they when altered triggers as well. Definitly not being used by gun safe people. the first three storys were caused by unsafe gun handleing. First I would never carry a boltaction gun of any type chambered let alone point it at anyone when done so. The police vid looks alot like a hangfire or a faulty primer as well.
    ^^This. It's like the very first rule of safe gun handling. NEVER POINT A WEAPON AT SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO DESTROY!!!! Someone who is handling the most un-safe weapon ever invented, can handle it all day long, and even have the gun magically go off without pulling the trigger, without killing or injuring someone, if they keep said weapon, pointed in a safe direction at all times! It's not rocket science!

Top Bottom