• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just held one on Friday. A friend is in the market and this seemed to be OK for the sticker price. Have heard very good things about them.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Rem 1911A1

Have worked with 1911's since the 70's....have Colt's, Kimber's, etc.....This is not Remington's first time to make 1911's as I have a WWII era pistol that Remington made....my brother in law bought one of the new ones abt a year ago, and I ran 500 rds thru it to "break it in".....it ran fine, was quite accurate, I liked the sights and the trigger. When I buy another 1911 the Remington will be at the top of the list. It will make you a good gun.

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    Have worked with 1911's since the 70's....have Colt's, Kimber's, etc.....This is not Remington's first time to make 1911's as I have a WWII era pistol that Remington made....my brother in law bought one of the new ones abt a year ago, and I ran 500 rds thru it to "break it in".....it ran fine, was quite accurate, I liked the sights and the trigger. When I buy another 1911 the Remington will be at the top of the list. It will make you a good gun.
    Thanks for the info, wasn't aware that remington made them back then. Will have to look into it. Thanks

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've had one for a couple of years now. At one point it was my EDC, before moving to a smaller framed 1911. I like it alot. It's accurate and has been great eating all kinds of ammo, including JHP.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have had good luck with the R1 Enhanced.

Premier Arms in Brownsburg had both the R1 and the Enhanced in stock on Monday...

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In the Fall I fired many rounds through a 1945 manufactured Remington Rand M1911a1. The parts were very tight, not at all what I experienced with the .45 I carried in the 1st Persian Gulf War which was much looser.

I last fired a 1911 probably in 1993'ish. My friend didn't know how to disassemble it, so I stripped it down for him. There were no problems whatsoever with any parts, the base of the firing pin had a glob of some kind of grease on it, (maybe cosmoline?) It was in storage for 30+ years at least. It brought back many fine memories.

I mentioned to him the probable value and recommended that he think about firing it, but he has enough money and was more interested in firing it himself.

If the modern Remington's are anything like this one, you shouldn't have any problem with it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom