• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    I picked up one of these semi auto shot guns and don't much about them, I know there older and saw some info that they stopped making them in 1948. I believe mine to be around a '44 fom the serial number. are these getting rare? And are they worth decent money. Not sure if there is anyone with much experience on these guns, cuz I don't have much of a clue.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The one passed down to me from my Grandfather was loaned to a friend of his that tore up the 1/2 hog 1/4 beef matches all over Southern Indiana. The grouping is phenomenal. I literally had to go bang on his door after Granddad passed to get it back. I took my first 4 deer with it and it has never missed a beat. The friction ring under the fore-stock can be positioned for different loads. Mine has a paper picture guide in the fore-stock that shows the different positions to use.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Interesting, but by lack of replied maybe there isn't a ton of these out there?

There's a decent amount of them out there. Essentially an A5 copy.

Check gunbroker, prices aren't high on most of them.

This is from Remington's website:

"Description: First autoloading shotgun produced in the U.S.A.

Introduction Year:1905

Year Discontinued:1947

Total Production:Approximately 850,000 (including 65,000 made for Browning during World War II)"

http://www.remington.com/products/archived/shotguns/autoloading/model-11.aspx

So..an American made A5. Finding them isn't hard (like an A5), but finding them in great condition is the tricky part. According to Remington, there are different grades. So, I suppose value depends on grade, and condition.

Have any pics?

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I've got one in 20 gauge. The research I did showed pretty much the same thing that M67 posted. IIRC, Savage also made A5 copies during the same time peroid, and Reminton model 11's were issued to some troupes as trench clearing guns.

Top Bottom