• ...and so much more!
  • Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Im still trying to decide on mine.

Having owned and shot both at one time or another.

I'll probably just end up buying 1 of each.

-Mossy 500 w/pistol grip for a trunk/truck gun

-870P for HD..although Im starting to think about getting a 11-87P (thats if I can find one)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trigger guard assembly on my old 500 is held in by duct tape wrapped around the whole receiver. The tabs broke off that hold it in place.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If I'm not mistaken, the safety on the 870 can be configured for southpaws.

I bought an old police trade-in Wingmaster with nice wood, great finish, an 18" bbl, and a mag extension for less than $275. I couldn't be happier with it. Trade-ins are the way to go.

jrogers, you are indeed correct, the safety on an 870 is easily switched for lefty use.

Next time I tear my 870 down for a thorough cleaning I will document the procedure.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Saw an 870 at Gander Mountain today. It was pink. The buttstock was engraved with the words "Shoot like a girl" or somesuch. *sigh*

Here's the ad. I don't know how long the link will be good.

dfa762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Huntington
    Cost wish the 500 is a better deal, and it has open lifters. I have both and would feel good with either one. Just my .02

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Holy cow ****. More of these threads are poping up all the time. It's like Xd versus Glock, etc. I have an idea, fondle them both and see what "YOU" like. We carried the 870 tachtical in the service. I own a Mossberg. Oh wait the Marines carry Mossberg shotguns. If they can hold up to combat operations, then they are good in my book. I guarantee a Mossberg with last as long, or outlast a Remington. Lets get some :popcorn: shall we.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    the new trigger guard assembly is plastic.
    Being a fan of Combat Tupperware Pistols, I don't see why this would be a problem. (Speaking of myself;) )

Remington Model 870™ Shotguns

I thought it was a solid steel piece? And I just took my whole weapon apart, and I didn't feel no plastic about it.... All cold hard stell... Show me a picture, or show me where exactly. I am not trying to be a smart ass, just curious now...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Holy cow ****. More of these threads are poping up all the time. It's like Xd versus Glock, etc. I have an idea, fondle them both and see what "YOU" like. We carried the 870 tachtical in the service. I own a Mossberg. Oh wait the Marines carry Mossberg shotguns. If they can hold up to combat operations, then they are good in my book. I guarantee a Mossberg with last as long, or outlast a Remington. Lets get some :popcorn: shall we.

Not all units did. I know of some CLB units that had 870's, some had 500's, my unit had 500s as well, so its different depending on mission sop.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Any peticular reason to have brought up yet another 500/870 thread from a year ago when we've already got an active one ongoing?

I thought I had deja vu for a minute...

I only made one to find out the pros and cons of both models, but people took it out of hand. You said it best so far though, except for the "pinching" subject... :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have always liked the JIC...Just in Case!

mossberg_jic_51340.jpg

moss_52340.jpg

Top Bottom