• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    You are correct that the contest is not close.

I'm anxious to read about the weather conditions, and where they were encountered, that A Bolts trudged through while 700s to drop out of the hunt.

The only thing that hold me back from the Model 700 at this point is the fact that the barrel does not have the high polish blued barrel, it is more "dull" than i thought it would be, and from experience with my 870 super magnum express, no matter how great you take care of it, the barrel started to get rust spots on me. ( And i Do clean my gun EVERY time it is taken out of the gun cabinet.) Is this common on the Model 700 CDL's?

If weather is a consideration you'd want a stainless anything over chromo anything. At least for the barrel. Luckily, if weight is also a consideration, the best over the counter hunting rifle on the planet addresses both needs. Not knowing your budget I don't know that they are in reach. Having hunted with every major bolt action platform, a few obscure ones, and a few customs, in a wide variety of locales, I'd shovel snow all winter to get my hands on a Kimber Montana over everything else offered. My go to Montana is just about to shoot through its second barrel and the only cleaning it has ever seen has been after salt water exposure, sometimes a few days after.

Blued chromo can't come close regardless of polish.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    the gun dealer i'm going to get my gun from just called me with prices he can get them both for.. 800$ for the Remington and 875$ for the Browning.. i origionally started this thread with the A-Bolt but i have not been able to see one is person anywhere so i've been comparing between the cdl and the X-Bolt ( i don't beleive there is much difference in the a-bolt/x-bolt except for a "new" way to market their product.) with that said, is it worth the 75$ to go with the browning X-Bolt Medallion?

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I own a 700 BDL DM in .308 fine gun shoots well. I own a A-bolt with BOSS in .243 fine gun shoots well. My 700 hunted deer in rain and snow in Michigan, no issues. My A-bolt hunted deer in rain and snow, and a coyte in the UP in the snow - no problems.
    You will be happy with a 700.
    My 7mm rem mag is a colt light rifel. People think they are junk but mine shoots like a dream.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I Finally got the Scope for my new Remington 700 CDL - 7MM Rem Mag. The Base/rings are tally lightweights (fit perfectly) and the scope is a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14x40 BDC. Can't wait to zero this in tomorrow (I may even have to stick a lb of tannerite in a snowman to make sure it's just perfect!):rockwoot:
    IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

Top Bottom