• ...and so much more!
  • yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    Hey guys!

I just bought a new Remington 597 .22 lr. I had heard that there were a few bugs in the earlier models and that they have been worked out. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this a better rifle than it already is.
    only thing i have to say is clean after shooting 100 or so of the cheap ammo. leaves alot of dirty residue. bought the new vq exstractor and trigger job. even before that it is my fav .22:yesway::yesway:

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    I tried one of the 30 round mags, and had nothing but problems. It would cycle the first 3-4 rounds good then jam. Fire a round then jab. I wound up trading it back for a 10 round. I know some other companies make them, but not very many. The local shop sales them, I may give it one last chance.
    this is for everyone, not jacking the thread. if it jams, buy the vq extractor. it cleared up my prob. it is a harder steel. cleaning the housing helps alot too. happy plinking

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I got a used .597 as my first gun about a year ago, and I love it. It was used, and in desperate need of cleaning, but a couple of friends of mine who got me interested in guns showed me how. When they got it apart they said they couldn't believe that it would even fire considering how dirty it was. That says something about the durability of the firearm, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Got me a used one yesterday. I put a scope on her and bought a 30rd MAG, so far I like it but have yet to shoot it. It was just a deal that I could not turn down.

597LSHB1.jpg

Top Bottom