• ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I hope they live up to my expectations.

:+1: I hope they live up to the "Remington" name. Just wondering though, do you buy one when they first come out, or do you wait a few months or so to see if there are any flaws? Has anyone talked to an FFL or local gun shop to see what thier prices are going to be? On the Remington site it said MSRP was $699. I think thats a pretty fair price but are dealers going to mark them way up? I am interested to touch and feel one, and see what they will be going for.

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Once I handle one if I like I'm going to buy it. I've been out of the country since January, but once I get home next week I'm going to head to my local gun shop and see what he says about getting one in and what his price is going to be.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . Just wondering though, do you buy one when they first come out, or do you wait a few months or so to see if there are any flaws?

Seeings how 1911's have been built for 100 years, I hope Remington can figure out how to do it right the first time.
    (cough, cough, Ruger & Taurus, cough):laugh:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    a87138ee-0.jpg

6ee8dfeb-8.jpg

After nearly a century, Remington returns to its rightful place as the manufacturer of one of America's most revered handguns; the 1911. From the moment you wrap your hand around it's double diamond grips and lay your finger on the polished aluminium of the telltale short trigger, you'll know first-hand why the 1911 has such a devoted following. And modern enhancements make the best even better. The 1911 R1 features a flared and lowered ejection port; beveled magazine well; loaded chamber indicator; high profile dovetailed single-dot front and two-dot rear sights; a crisp 3.5 - 5 pound trigger pull; and a match grade stainless steel barrel and barrel bushing. It also has the Series 80-style firing pin block safety.

The Remington 1911 R1 is hand-crafted and shipped from Ilion, New York-- the birthplace of Remington Arms-complete with a custom carry case, two seven-round magazines and a barrel bushing wrench. So you can be assured of all the pride, precision and out-of-the-box performance you've come to expect from the Remington branded products.

For more information on this once-in-a-lifetime sidearm, visit the all new 1911 R1 website- www.1911r1.com.

The rebirth begins in June 2010. So talk to your select dealer today, and reserve your place in owning a piece of firearm history. The Remington 1911 R1.

Visit us at the NRA Show
    in Charlotte NC on
    May 14- 16, 2010

This is from the email I got this morn.

http://image.exct.net/lib/ff011071726505/i/1/6ee8dfeb-8.jpg

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hey, sort of a Remington version of the Springfield MilSpec, not too bad. Any idea on the forged/cast nature of the frame? The one at Plainfield just had the "feel" and general finishing look of cast, I hope not.

Also, this is a PRIME chance for Taurus to one up Remmy and others by making their PT1911, but in an officer's or Commander size. Hint Hint :D

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Any idea on the forged/cast nature of the frame? The one at Plainfield just had the "feel" and general finishing look of cast, I hope not.

I was told on ar15.com that the frame was cast.

That coupled with the Series 80 firing system.....

The Springfield Mil-Spec is a better buy.

Top Bottom