• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    I have a 1903A3,the receiver serial # says it was a JAN. 1943 BUT THE BARREL IS STAMPED RA 6-44,it has the flaming bomb on it.the bolt has a R,the floor plate is remington,it has the straight stock,it looks to be all remington,any input on this gun.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Think this is what 03A3 means. Believe this is Augusta Arsenal. Don't know who the "Q" was.

nd5378.jpg

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I have a 1903A3,the receiver serial # says it was a JAN. 1943 BUT THE BARREL IS STAMPED RA 6-44,it has the flaming bomb on it.the bolt has a R,the floor plate is remington,it has the straight stock,it looks to be all remington,any input on this gun.

Well you could believe the gun is an outdated, antiquated pile of poo and surrender it to me for safe keeping.

Or you could relish in the history of a WWII era vet that probably helped train our soldiers for combat, leaves a history smudge on your hands every-time you touch it, is quite accurate, and is increasing in value. I think the RA is Remington Arms built in June of 44 and flaming bomb is the proof test mark. (could be wrong, going off some old memory) Having said that: :postpics:

But I vote the former, PM me for address and I will be there toot sweet..........what no??? Okay.:patriot:

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have a Remington 1903A3, I really like it. I think that there were fewer Remingtion 1903A3s made than Springfield 1903A3s. I don't know if that makes them any more valuable but that adds to the neat-o factor for me.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Mike the "Q" is an inspectors mark at Augusta Arsenal.
    Don't be thinking I'm an expert about this because I'm not. In fact I had to look this up.
    I've been dinking with Springfields, Carbines and Garands for a good while but I'm not that knowledgeable about all of the details, which are nearly countless.
    There may be someone who can even tell you who "Q" was, but not me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mike the "Q" is an inspectors mark at Augusta Arsenal.
    Don't be thinking I'm an expert about this because I'm not. In fact I had to look this up.
    I've been dinking with Springfields, Carbines and Garands for a good while but I'm not that knowledgeable about all of the details, which are nearly countless.
    There may be someone who can even tell you who "Q" was, but not me.

This is Q:
    320x240.jpg

;)

Top Bottom