• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I just picked up a remington 11-87 off of a fellow ingoer and shot it for the first time today. I shot about 50 rounds threw it and it jammed on my about 10 times !! does anyone know of a reason for this ? It seamed that it would not want to eject the shell all the way when it jammed.
    any tips or info would be great.
    O dont know if this would help but i was shooting 2 and 3/4 ( 7 and 1/2 shot ) out of it at the time.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I recently acquired an 11-87, and I have had quite a bit of trouble with it.

Are there gouge marks on the plastic follower in the tube? If so, I believe we are having similar problems.

zky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Wish I could help, but I've been shooting an 11-87 for several years and it has never had a problem.

When you find out the root cause, please share it so I can keep an eye out for the same problem. Thanks.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Mine will get a little "sticky" and not want to eject well if it gets really dirty. I sometimes go too long during the duck/goose season without a good cleaning and it will jam a little. I'd start by giving it a good cleaning, and checking/replacing the o-ring.

If mines clean it normally has no problems with light dove loads so I don't think the 2 3/4 shells should be the problem, but some guns don't handle the light loads well.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I had 2 11-87s, both super mags. 1st one had no problems with. Second one was a camo version from Dick's. I jammed on me more times than not. It was my waterfowl gun and essentially was a single shot as it could not ever get to the second round. There were several times when I almost threw it in the lake. Instead, I took it to GM and traded it in. Unfortunately, I passed that problem onto someone else.

If you google your issue, you will see that it is VERY common. Also, you will find some say they never had a problem - EVER. My 1st one never gave me a problem.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I am not a shot gun person. so i may sound silly here but what O RING are we talking about. what do i need to do to check it
    thanks mike

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    take off the barrel nut and the forarm. when you pull off the barrel there should be a oring under the part where the barrel slides over the tube. it sends your gas back toward the action

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    Current 1187's SUCK!!! I have had atleast 7 1187's over the last 13 years. They all worked wonderfully except for the current one that I own. Like another guy said it was basically a single shot. I just got it back from Remington and it works fine. It's up for sale though. I'm pissed that I had to send it off and pay shipping. I'm done with Remington. So if you want the ultimate slug gun you can have a like new in box 1187 sportsman cantilever gun for only $575. I paid $855.99 at Gander last November. Buy Browning!!!!!

I think it kinda sucks that a fellow INGO'R would screw you, unless he warned you about the problem before hand.

Top Bottom