• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Another great reminder! I had a slightly different experience a few weeks ago that I posted about as well. I had a 9mm empty case eject from my G19 and bounce off my shooting glasses.

Glad you were not injured!

I've been hit in the eye by brass ejected from my gun....it sucks. Now I wear safety glasses, regardless of what or where I'm shooting.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Had a friend catch a piece of a jacket in his neck at the range once. The piece came from a steel plate 20 yards down-range, and still carried enough energy to deeply embed in his neck. It took a RN and some pointy tweezers to dig it out. Had it been an eye, it surely would have been lost or severely damaged.

ETA, I've also see where good eyewhere deflected much larger/heavier objects away from the eyes. I won't go into details but lets just say there was a 8-12 oz. piece of metal propelled very quickly at the eye of a person. The person was wearing the over-sized safety glasses for people that wear prescription glasses as well. It hit the safety glasses and deflected downwards doing pretty bad damage to the face/cheek area. The object left a very deep gouge in the glasses and it was obvious that it had been on a path almost directly towards the person's eye.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Safety glasses are always a must during shooting for me. I was at the range a few weeks ago and had some brass that hit my eye protection..would have been a real pain had I not had the glasses. Also a few years ago I was shooting and had some hot brass that went right down my (tucked in) shirt after ejecting from the gun..let me tell ya, that stuff is hot when it comes out of the gun!

troy2198

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I've been hit by tons of ricochet at blythes in Valpo. Mostly in the feet or legs. Last one got me good. Got a 45 ricochet right on the side of my chin. Hurt like a b****. It ended up swelling up and got cut a bit too. Funny thing was it was only me and my friend in the range.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I've been hit by tons of ricochet at blythes in Valpo. Mostly in the feet or legs. Last one got me good. Got a 45 ricochet right on the side of my chin. Hurt like a b****. It ended up swelling up and got cut a bit too. Funny thing was it was only me and my friend in the range.

It's pretty crazy that they can bounce back the 25 yards from the backstop and still carry a good amount of speed.

The one that hit me was definitely from my G23. It was only me and my dad in there and he had a .22 rifle.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    safety glasses are a good idea for just about everything. I was bleeding the brakes in my car, and when I went to pull the hose of the bleed valve, it flicked DOT3 in my eyes... so good idea to wear glasses a lot.

glad you're not hurt from the ricochet.

Top Bottom