Remember all those nooses that popped up awhile back?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Remember that many of them were put up by blacks trying to perpetuate the image that they were being victimized?

I see this story today and I have to wonder if it is not the same thing.
    They are activly trying to paint a picture out there that anyone who opposes Obama is doing so because of RACE.

image5234752g.jpg

msnbc_ban.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MSNBC.com[/FONT]

Swastika painted at congressman’s office
    ‘There's so much hatred out there for President Obama,’ Rep. Scott says
    The Associated Press
    updated 5:43 p.m. ET, Tues., Aug 11, 2009

WASHINGTON - A swastika was found Tuesday painted on a sign outside Rep. David Scott's district office, an act the Georgia Democrat said reflects an increasingly hateful and racist debate over health care and should serve as a reminder for people to tone down their rhetoric.
    Scott's staff arrived at his Smyrna, Ga., office Tuesday morning to find the Nazi graffiti emblazoned on a sign bearing the lawmaker's name. The vandalism occurred roughly a week after Scott was involved in a contentious argument over health care at a community meeting.
    Scott, who is black, said he also has received mail in recent days that used N-word references to him, and that characterized President Barack Obama as a Marxist.
    "We have got to make sure that the symbol of the swastika does not win, that the racial hatred that's bubbling up does not win this debate," Scott said in a telephone interview. "There's so much hatred out there for President (Barack) Obama."
    A moderate Democrat who represents a majority-white district near Atlanta, Scott said he thinks the racism is isolated but can't be ignored. He said the swastika probably was intended as a warning. He hopes it instead persuades reasonable people to maintain a more substantive debate over health care changes.
    "We must not allow it to intimidate us," he said.
    Scott said his office immediately notified authorities, including the U.S. Capitol Police, who have warned lawmakers about potential threats stemming from the increasingly emotional debate over health care reform. An FBI spokesman said the bureau is investigating along with Capitol Police and the Smyrna Police Department.
    Surveillance video?
    Scott's Smyrna office is located in a bank building, so the congressman said he was optimistic that surveillance cameras captured the vandalism.
    At an Aug. 1 community meeting in Douglasville, Ga., Scott angrily yelled at protesters who peppered him with questions and complaints about Democratic health care proposals. He has said he was upset that they interrupted a meeting that was supposed to be about plans for a new highway in the area.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    At an Aug. 1 community meeting in Douglasville, Ga., Scott angrily yelled at protesters who peppered him with questions and complaints about Democratic health care proposals. He has said he was upset that they interrupted a meeting that was supposed to be about plans for a new highway in the area.
    What an effin d-bag. Eff your highway and everything you ever talk about until this health care business is settled. Maybe if he would shut up and listen to his constituents, some respect might be tossed his way.

Throw this guy under the bus.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Maybe if he would shut up and listen to his constituents, some respect might be tossed his way.
    quote]

I think this is the problem with most of the "Town Hall" meeting, people are tired of not being heard, but the poloticians don't see it that way. they just want to stand up and say what they want to say and then hear congradulation on a job well done. I really don't think that they can fully comprehend that We are tired of it.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    "We have got to make sure that the symbol of the swastika does not win, that the racial hatred that's bubbling up does not win this debate," Scott said in a telephone interview. "There's so much hatred out there for President (Barack) Obama."

:rolleyes:

How is it that EVERYTHING is made out to be about race. I have no idea, of course, what was going through the vandal's mind who painted the sign, but I for one oppose increasing government involvement in health care and I hate what some in Washington are doing to our country. To me, most of it comes down to a couple of issues, though there are many more issues in play -

1. Is the government the best qualified group to run health care?

2. Can we afford what is being proposed?

3. Why is it that no proposal includes meaningful tort reform?

I think it is pretty obvious that our government IS best equipped to handle some things, but anything remotely resembling a business is out of the question. Their track record is horrible at that sort of thing. No, we can't afford the liabilities we have now...much less the cost of these proposals. Tort reform is not part of the proposal, I suspect, because the people making the proposals are attorneys by education and training. Until there is meaningful tort reform, it is unlikely that healthcare costs will do anything but continue to post double digit increases each year - no matter who is running that show.

Did anyone see a single word about race in that paragraph? Nope, because that is not the issue. Our healthcare system can definitely be better, but running it into the ground like so many of the government agencies will ultimately provide less at a higher true cost.

With respect to the sign vandal, I hate vandals with a passion and hope they nab him/her soon. It could be a political ploy, a disturbed protester or some of the same idiots who paint graffiti all over the rest of Atlanta on a daily basis.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    "He hopes it instead persuades reasonable people to maintain a more substantive debate over health care changes."

When he says "substantive debate", he means, "give me your opinion, and I'll tell you why you're wrong".

Also, if the swastika was put there by someone other than his office, it was not a pro-nazi warning, it was an insult, i.e. you are a nazi, but he already knows that.

But what do I know, I just dislike the big O because of his skin color. :rolleyes:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's not prejudice, at least not of a racial nature. For that matter, it's not prejudice at all. Prejudice means, literally, "to pre-judge", that is, to judge (someone) before having the facts about him or her. If I judge as a traitor someone who has voted against American ideals, who has exercised power to bankrupt the country both morally and financially, who has made it clear by action and inaction that he hates America and all for which she has traditionally stood, and who has bowed before foreign leaders, that is not prejudice. I have judged based on facts in evidence. If I judge, sight unseen and based on the above facts alone that such a person must be Black, that would be prejudice and it would be racial in nature. It is this which the Left cannot seem to understand, because they chose their candidate on the basis of race, which also is prejudice; they judged that because he was Black, he would therefore be a good leader. Judging without fact or in intentional ignorance of fact is prejudice. They think we are prejudiced because they don't understand that we who voted against Barry Hussein did not do so for the same reason but because of the issues and his stated positions and intentions.

Well, the rank and file don't understand that. I think their leaders do, but use simple "reasons" much as you would to a small child, when talking to them. This is why some of them now express horror that he would endorse something that would hurt them; they trusted him blindly and now it has come back to bite them in the posterior.

Blessings,
    Bill

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    These types of events have been a staple amongst all political parties. The tactic usually works because NOBODY is allowed to question the legitimacy of the action. "Did you do it, or did we do it???" You cannot ask or answer that question. It starts infighting on both sides.... therefore, the tactic has succeeded.
    Don't worry, you'll be seeing it used over and over again.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    When I first saw the picture it didn't occur to me that the Swastika was painted as an act of racism, but instead labeling the Congressman as a NAZI.

Top Bottom