• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So tomorrow is the nationwide rally at Noon at every state capital.

On the groups facebook page there will be at least 300 people there from the RSVP's. What may 100+ of which open carrying AR-15's.

The parking question I have is, there are a couple of garages close by with names like "capital commons garage". I have never parked there, the only rallies I've done, I've found parking on the street.

Are any of these garages "State Capital" property? As in, carry of a firearm would be illegal?

I would assume most of these are private but I'd like to be 100% certain.

Does anyone know with certainty?

Thanks!

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    As a State Gov't employee, the only garage I'm aware of that is State owned is the one across Washington from the Government Center at the intersection of West St. There are also open lots north of Capital building and the Government Center - North building along Ohio that are State owned as well.

Capitol Commons Parking Garage is not one that I know of.

As for carrying while in the parking garage or parking lots, I can tell you that employees are allowed to have them in their vehicles but not in the buildings. From the State employee handbook...

In accordance with rules promulgated by DOA and the Indiana State Police and applicable laws, weapons are prohibited in the IGC Complex. Firearms and ammunition secured out of sight in a person’s locked, personal vehicle are not prohibited. Firearms and ammunition are prohibited in state vehicles, unless required by sworn police officers. Inquiries by state officials about ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of a firearm or ammunition, other than those used in fulfilling the duties of the employment of the individual, are prohibited. State employees fulfilling their duties on the property of vendors, customers, and others or on property leased by the state must abide by the laws, rules and policies established for those premises by the owners and/or tenants.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The "state" can not own anything. It is all public property because it is funded by stealing money from you and I.
    I couldn't agree more. Sorry, poor choice of words.

So are we being encouraged to OC rifles? I thought that this was being discouraged...?

The is no encouragement in either direction. The state organizers are only asking you dress neatly and there be no profanity or vulgarity on clothing or signage.

Checking over the facebook page, it appears about 100 people will be open carrying rifles, virtually all of them AR-15's.

https://www.facebook.com/GunsAcrossAmericaIndiana

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Made the 10PM news in Indy. Local FOX channel 59 had a story of about 100 people carrying their firearms at the state capital. They showed state police and talked about maintaining safety and their worry was some anti-gunners trying to start something.

Stay cool, dress nice, stand proud!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm pretty sure over 300 have RSVP'd attending, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are many more than that.

Organizers are stating that, because that page is a subset of the main FB page and that the website has significantly more hits that the FB page and doesn't include twitter, that many more people should be attending based on response from other venues.

Not everyone is on facebook and not everyone is going to like the main page, find the Indiana page and then find the RSVP poll off of that page.

Also, if you look at the RSVP's, 100 people are RSVP'ing with at least 1 other person and about 75 are RSVP'ing with at least 2 others they are bringing.

We'll see tomorrow how many actually show up. Given what I know about turn out vs rsvp and other venues, I'd say 300 would be a minimum tomorrow.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    We can't park at the zoo anymore? I usually park at the white river state park lot but sometimes it's being used for other events so you can't really count on it.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Don't worry about the Zoo, streetside parking is free on saturday mornings. And there is plenty of spaces north of the capitol building

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom