• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have no allergies,no asthma,and no breathing problems in general.

Two years ago after a day at the range I had my one and up until today only severe asthma attack after cleaning weapons at home.

Fast forward two years to a few hours ago.I was cleaning a pistol and when I went to reassemble I decided for some reason to try DriLube again.Ten minutes later I am on the floor coughing,gasping for air,sweat dripping off my face,and turning blue.

I now suspect the DriLube as it is the only common element to both attacks.Though I did not realize it caused the first one until today,I realized the last time I used DriLube was that day on a different firearm.I google and see others have had similar attacks after using Rem-DriLube.

It is after all a teflon in aerosol form.My advise use only outdoors or not at all.

Warning on the can.
    "Breathing:If anyone exposed to product experiences irritation or difficulties breathing remove the person to fresh air.If effects persist contact a physician.If breathing stops consider artificial respiration and seek immediate medical attention."

Stay safe.

Now I actually feel dumb.
    Directions on the can.
    "Use in a well ventilated area,preferably outdoors."

Last edited:

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Thanks for the warning, Ive actually been considering using that stuff on my suppressor baffles to see if it helps with cleaning them. My hopes are that the dry coat will cover the surface and the powder residue will stick to it and wipe right off.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    My 3 kids clean the guns so I guess I'll keep checking to see if they're still breathing from time to time.

If I loose one, I still have back-up. :D

Cleaning guns and reloading all the mags is the reason I had them in the first place.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Fast forward two years to a few hours ago.I was cleaning a pistol and when I went to reassemble I decided for some reason to try DriLube again.Ten minutes later I am on the floor coughing,gasping for air,sweat dripping off my face,and turning blue.

Teflon can be very dangerous. That is why you are not to heat a non-stick pan on high heat empty. The most common symptoms mimic that of a cold or flu and can also cause breathing problems. Teflon fumes are just plain evil.

Top Bottom