Relying others for our own security doesn't always work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I just can't imagine a world where someone doesn't have any means of protecting themselves. As someone mentioned above, there are numerous weapons around the house, but I just can't get my head wrapped around someone just accepting the fact a criminal is going to do harm to them.

There are so many failures in this story that I can't even begin to list them all, but why would this woman sue the PD? She should be suing the worthless ****s in the local government who can sure as hell **** people out of tax money but can't provide the services required by "some" members of society.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    So 3 shifts per day , 21 shifts per week if each of the six officers works 5 shifts gives 30 shifts per week that could be covered also allowing for 9 extra shifts per week.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Apparently the department had the resources to go out and get the guy after he committed the rape. And they had more than sufficient resources to go out and be drug warriors. Guess they have their priorities and they don't include protecting women in danger.

Drug War Priorities

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    +Churchmouse! Get prepped, don't wait till it happens.

In 2011, my Brother In Law got a phone call that his hunting cabin was in a chance of being flooded, now! He left to Arkansas, leaving behind any firearms at his residence. He was making multi state travel and hauling tools/water/food/sleeping bags, etc. Didn't even think about protection.

First night: Sandbagged his cabin, installed 2 water pumps. No damage.

Second night: Critters everywhere. snakes(cotton mouths, and water snakes, eastern diamondbacks, aplenty.) Raccoons, armadillos, possums all trying to escape flood decided to move in on the deck, patio, doorways. Any dry space, and trying to invade inside.

He whacked away with a shovel, axe, machete. Enough is enough. I got a call and he had a work buddy bringing 2 more water pumps. He asked if I could send some firepower? My reponse"Roger that, inbound ASAP".

2 pump shotguns(12 ga) 200 rds asstd, Buckshot,00, #4, Birdshot, AK47 (6-30 rd mags, loaded), 9mm S&W Semi Auto(4- 15 rd mags), S&W 442(38 spec) 50 rds ammo. Buck Fixed blade knife.

After 10 days, he was empty on 12 ga ammo, down to 1 mag 9mm, and had a full box of 38 spec, the AK was still GTG.(good to go). Waters receded, big mud mess, no looting, (had potential still as people abandoned their homes). Major SHTF sandwich.

DNR officers stopped to see him everyday, he was on his porch napping with the AK hanging on the arm of the chair. Never said a word about it. He was glad they checked up on him. Brought him some bottled water couple trips.

He returned the "firepower", except the AK. Bought that from me, cheap. And gave him the Buck Knife, he carries it daily there now. He is prepped now. All around, food, generator, lights, back ups on most everything. Added a gun safe, bolted to the floor, and stocked.Full skid of sandbags in the garage.
    If it is to be, it is up to me, is my motto.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom