• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michaeladkins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    These are some nice setups. This gives me something to work towards too. It is going to take a long time to get as many dies as most of you have. I only have 3 different ones.

I'm tagging this thread.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    My reloading work area is comming together! Next on my list will be some 380 dies, bullets a nice chair and a reloadng class.

I made the table @ 40in high so I can work the press standing up and it comforms to th length of my arm.

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/Giddaltti/20130728_210801_zps032ed253.jpg

My reloading work area is comming together! Next on my list will be some 380 dies, bullets a nice chair and reloadng class.

I made the table @ 40in high so I can work the press standing up and itncomforms to th length of my arm.

Looking good so far! :)

20130728_210801_zps032ed253.jpg

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    My father's setup we both use. 2x4 basics kit bench.
    Dillon 550B main press. Use the single-stage Lee on the side for the .40 pass-thru die.
    9x19, .40, 45 Colt, 45ACP, 22-250. Maybe adding 9x18 and 380 in the future. Mostly SD and plated bullets for the handguns, some cast lead in .45.
    Since this photo a few things have been added, a little more organized, and we're using Stainless Steel tumbling now. Seems slower but the brass is SO much cleaner!

Need to pick up some more .40 165g Plinking bullets....

rat_loading.jpg

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    alright, this thread makes me want to say "screw getting an apartment, lets just buy a house instead"

some gorgeous setups in here.

Saleen,

Its ALWAYS better to buy a house than rent....when renting youre just throwing money down the toilet each month but buying lets you build equity in a home(same as cash)...you have somthing to show for your money...plus you can screw a reloading bench to the wall and there is no landlord to gripe at you about it(unless youre married).

God bless
    -Shred

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I started putting together my reloading room/office! I cleared out our spare bedroom and built a new workbench. It is tall enough I can work/reload standing up without a backache! I still have a lot to do but this isn't bad progress for a week. I want to build shelfs/bookcases someday, mount a tv and get a safe in here

Last edited:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I'm thinking of moving into a spare room now that another one of my kids is gone. I too enjoy standings up but I am looking for a chair that sits up just a bit higher to accommodate my table. I'm looking for a steam punk chair except they are a bit pricey. Excellent pic.

pistlshuutr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    you guys have some great set ups. Makes my shop of horrors look like a rookie. I have been reloading for 35 years but I am limited on space. Not being a jerk but I see a lot of components but no ammo. Do you guys store it separate or just shoot it all? I can see the latter being more true.

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    you guys have some great set ups. Makes my shop of horrors look like a rookie. I have been reloading for 35 years but I am limited on space. Not being a jerk but I see a lot of components but no ammo. Do you guys store it separate or just shoot it all? I can see the latter being more true.

I keep 1000-1500 rounds loaded. The rest I keep in components. It doesn't take any time to reload 500-1000 rounds. I reload as I shoot it up! I reload and shoot around 500 rounds a week. I don't see the point of storing thousands of rounds of complete ammo? I guess if you have a single stage and it takes awhile to make it....I would probably load as much as possible.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Load and shoot.

I keep 1000-1500 rounds loaded. The rest I keep in components. It doesn't take any time to reload 500-1000 rounds. I reload as I shoot it up! I reload and shoot around 500 rounds a week. I don't see the point of storing thousands of rounds of complete ammo? I guess if you have a single stage and it takes awhile to make it....I would probably load as much as possible.

My numbers are slightly different but pretty much what he says.

I keep this much on hand plus another 200 rounds of each in the range/pistol bags. I have not started reloading my own shot shells yet but plan to begin this winter. I try to make it out to shoot trap at least twice a month and so I try to keep about 500 shells on hand as well. :)

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom059_zpsba8ed28c.jpg

100_4491_zpsa24dd857.jpg

100_4488_zps546dff7b.jpg

100_4485_zps2dde2401.jpg

100_4487_zpsf9be0a26.jpg

Last edited:

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    There are some really nice reloading rooms on here. I reload in my unfinished basement but this area will be mine even when the basement is finished. Here is a sample of my reloading space. I have just started reloading in January. Sorry for the poor lighting in the picture.
    IMG_0039.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Do you have any concern about powder/residue buildup in the carpet on the bench?

I took one of Andrew's classes and saw that his bench had it. I liked the idea, so I stole it. Besides, he posted a step by step on here a while back, he asked for it. :)::):

It's ultra cheap indoor/outdoor from Lowe's. Easily replaceable, so I'm not overly worried. I do have a little Shark hand vac that I use to keep the surface fairly clean. I also use a plastic tray under my powder thrower to catch any fumbles.

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    I'm in the process of putting together my reloading room but my better half is DOL/OSHA so the carpeted bench was designated a no no but your post just might convince her.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I'll be reloading in my attached garage. Thanks to everyone for posting pics so I can ideas on how to set it up. Helps a newb out a lot. I'll try to set up this weekend and post pics though it'll be humble in comparison to a lot of these great setups.

Top Bottom