• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Congratulations on your Taurus. I hope it works out for you. I had one more problem with mine, that I did not mention, while practicing reloads a few days ago. Mind you, I was NOT shooting, just running reload drills. In the middle of one reload, I palmed the ejector rod, with the gun vertical, and as expected, the snap-cap rounds fell to the floor. So did the screw, spring, and plunger that hold the cylinder in place. I WAS NOT EVEN RUNNING LIVE AMMO! I have a CA Off Duty that has SHOT itself to parts falling off twice, in less than 1,000 rounds. The Taurus has been OK, except for the worst trigger I've ever pressed. Galloway springs, 2000 dry fires, and several hundred rounds later, the trigger is way better. Now the gun falls apart in my hand. I'm done with both manufacturers. I have two S&W revolvers: 442 & 686+. Both still have all parts attached, and fire whatever I feed them. I was considering a Taurus 82 (.38) or 65 (.357). Both are full size, 4", steel, 6-shot. I'll save for a S&W; it'll be less expensive.
    I'm definitely an S&W Guy. The only reason I even considered this particular purchase is because S&W doesn't make an equivalent (and neither does Taurus anymore). The closest they came was either a 325 Night Guard in .45 ACP or 329 Night Guard in .44 Mag, and both of those are discontinued, just about impossible to find these days, and sell for north of $2k.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack this thread or turn it into a Taurus discussion, but I thought the observation about reloading the larger charge-holes was relevant to the topic.

The 450 Titanium was only produced from 1999-2002. If anybody is interested and wants more details, I did start a pretty in-depth thread over on the sigforum about it (https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8200034015). Long story short on the gun: Mechanically I have no complaints so far, but there are some accuracy issues that I'm trying to work through

What you mentioned is relayed to why a 45 acp like a 625 works better with moonclips than a 38/356 witj moons size and length can make it more problematic

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I did a thing I'm not proud of last week. I bought a Taurus. After getting burned twice I swore I'd never do that again, but this one is pretty unique and not something I can get anywhere else. It's a Model 450 Titanium in .45 Colt (think a 19oz Airweight K-Frame snubby in a big-boy caliber!).

It came with two HKS speedloaders, and in playing with those some at the range I was reminded of something I really like about big-bore revolvers...those huge charge holes make reloading much easier. The rounds (particularly something with a round-nose profile) seem to just line themselves up on their own and fall into the chambers. I have a far easier time reloading that gun than I do my .38/.357s.
    About 30 years ago, I had a Taurus 3" .44 SPL, and a Rossi SS 3" .44 SPL. Both were excellent guns, shot to POA w/240 LSWC, and had smoooooth triggers that broke with no warning at all. I don't recall ever shooting either is single action. Times have certainly changed. I wish I still had the Rossi.

Top Bottom