• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you have loading manuals? If not, then that's where you should start. If you know anybody who reloads, then get with them and learn the process. Get a single stage press kit and dies, then start cranking them out. If you shoot alot you'll graduate to a progressive quickly, but you'll always want that old single stage for specialty loads.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You can also contact Profire Arms and Supply about taking the reloading 101 class. Andrew is a Site Supporter once again and you will have a great time. Andrew will start you off slow with some basics and lots of info and then you will be loading some ammo to take home and try. I took a class just as a refresher after sitting out of reloading for quite a few years.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    You can also contact Profire Arms and Supply about taking the reloading 101 class. Andrew is a Site Supporter once again and you will have a great time. Andrew will start you off slow with some basics and lots of info and then you will be loading some ammo to take home and try. I took a class just as a refresher after sitting out of reloading for quite a few years.

+1 for Andrew's class, you absolutely will not regret it, and you'll be much better prepared for reloading on your own after it then you ever will be reading a bunch of stuff on the internet

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Read, reat, read. And when you're done reading, read some more. This weekend Andrew is having a reloading swap meet. Saturday the 17th. Lots of stuff available, and a learning experience I'm sure. There is a thread on here reguaring this. I don't know how to link to it.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Speer is the one I reach for first. Also like Hornady, and the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook.
    The Cast Bullet Handbook is nice even if you're not casting your own.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Hey everyone,

I want to start reloading 45 acp but I know absolutely nothing about reloading. Can you guys help me out?
    ... and BDBHoover

.... if you want to drive an hour north, I'll give you some hands on time with a press..... no charge.....

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Lyman handbook, then go buy the ABC's of reloading dvd.
    You follow step by step how the Lyman 49th? edition shows how to reload you'll do just fine.
    Just remember though safety takes no backseat or holiday. It's best to follow every step and process to the T.
    Start out with a single stage press, beam scales and powder measure. Buy yourself a good quality set of calipers and a set of dies.
    Buy the reloading manual of the bullet you'll be shooting, and follow their data to the T. Unless you're shooting lead then go with Lyman to start out.
    Also if you're shooting any 1911 style calibers, to save yourself alot of time and headaches, when you buy your dies, buy a Lee or Lyman factory crimp die.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Come to the reloading swap meet out in Greenfield this weekend. I'm sure we'll have plenty of advice and equipment for sale. Look in the INGO events section for the thread

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Any advice you need ask. Whether it be on here or some other forum. I've got 22+ yrs of reloading as many of the fine gentleman on here do. We're always willing to help someone get into the thrill of loading and shooting your own reloads.
    Besides that ...as my wife will say..it's all I know

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    PM's sent to the original 2 OP's. Reloading class schedules will be available this weekend at the Swap Meet. Open to INGO members only at this time.

Top Bottom