• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    why do you want to take a class? reloading is not hard, if you read a manual and watch videos thats all you need.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Good evening. I am an NRA Certified Reloading Instructor. I am located just across the river in La Grange, KY. I have been reloading for almost 40 years and teaching for over 10 years. I would be more than happy to discuss this with anyone that is interested. I have a class scheduled for Saturday February 2 with a few more spots available. The best time to start reloading was 30 years ago. The next best time is today. DennyMac

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    why do you want to take a class? reloading is not hard, if you read a manual and watch videos thats all you need.

I agree - make sure you start with the low end of the loads and its gratifying to see how quickly you build your knowledge of reloading and ballistics.

I can't vouch for anyone else's class - and while I have not attended Andrew's at Profire, I consistently read excellent posts about it. I shop his store on a regular basis - he's knowledgeable and very fair on pricing.

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Although I haven't taken a class for reloading, I can see the value in it. If you don't know where/how to start, having an expert that has 'been there and done that' can save you a LOT of time and money by showing you what NOT to do.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    +1 for Profire Arms & Supply :yesway:

I would rather learn a skill like this face to face than from an Interwebs video made by someone I've never met, don't know their experience/reputation, and will most likely never see in person...

And then there's the whole "if it wasn't true it wouldn't be on the internet" thing...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    if you're near fort wayne, check out Roush Lake range. its a state park range and all the rangemasters are NRA trainers. Bob Bonewitz does reloading classes every few months. he's blunt and a bit long-winded but its because he has a ****LOAD of valuable information rattling around in his head. great asset to gun owners, reloaders, and indeed the state.

Buck69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been reloading for over 50 years. I recently went to Andrew's class and got several great tips and did learn some things. It is worth the time to take the class!

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Reloading Class February 2

Good morning, and thanks for asking about the class. I have my reloading equipment set up at my home near La Grange, KY. It is just off I-71 north at exit 18, about a 20 minute drive from the bridge. I have all of the current popular equipment, along with a few golden oldies from yesteryear. I teach the NRA Reloading Class and use the NRA manuals and handouts. It takes at least 6 hours to cover all of the material. And, when you leave, you will have a dozen or so rounds, in some of the popular calibers, fully loaded and ready to fire that you can take home and fire. I try to limit the number of students to no more than 8 people to guarantee that they all get personal attention. And, my shop is 17 x 18, so it can get very 'personal'. It will begin at 8:00 on Saturday morning with a couple of breaks and lunch. I have 2 people signed up, and maybe 3 right now. I would enjoy having a few of you guys attend as well. I do not have a specific schedule for the classes. I set them up as they are needed, so I can be very accomodating.
    If there is anything else that I can offer, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks again. DennyMac

donfetch48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Absolutely correct. I took Andrew's class at Profire and loved it. I was very concerned about my ability to reload safely and probably would never have considered trying it if I didn't take the class.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Reloading Class in Louisville area

Thanks for asking. I have the class listed at $50 for adults. I have a couple of places remaining. The class will run at least 6 hours, if I don't get too distracted. I like to make sure that everything is covered. DennyMac

Top Bottom