• ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    So fusion bullets are no good?
    They're great if you want varmint bullet performance, not so much if you value penetration and an exit wound. I killed a Texas buck and a hog with these 140 grain Fusions out of my 6.5 PRC and wasn't impressed at all. The buck was a high shoulder shot from broadside and the bullet didn't even make it to the opposite shoulder. Thankfully, I shot the buck first and with that performance in mind, I placed the bullet right behind the ear on the hog. The near side skull was shattered but the opposite side was undamaged. There's no way I would trust Fusion bullets on full sized northern deer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They're great if you want varmint bullet performance, not so much if you value penetration and an exit wound. I killed a Texas buck and a hog with these 140 grain Fusions out of my 6.5 PRC and wasn't impressed at all. The buck was a high shoulder shot from broadside and the bullet didn't even make it to the opposite shoulder. Thankfully, I shot the buck first and with that performance in mind, I placed the bullet right behind the ear on the hog. The near side skull was shattered but the opposite side was undamaged. There's no way I would trust Fusion bullets on full sized northern deer.
    They would probably work good with 6.5 Grendel velocity. Slower expansion and it might work for deer. I know the speer 90gr tnt in a 6.5 Grendel isn't explosive like it is in the Creedmoor. It works good for deer and many hog hunters have used it. It acts more like a controlled expansion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Lets celebrate the 4th with a discount
    Use code: Use code (July4th) plus get free shipping good untill 7/05

Not sure what the discount is. I'm just showing you what I got in the email.
    It's a surprise %

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dear DadSmith,

Get in on this big discount .. for the summer time.
    Use code: (summit15%) for 15% off plus free shipping

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I visited Brian’ Surplus about a week or so ago and he had a big boatload assortment of bullets, primers and smokeless powder all over the store. In addition, there was a ton of ammunition in all different calibers. Save $$$ on shipping and ridiculous hazmat and support an INGO friendly retailer.

Top Bottom