• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So, I've got a corner in the basement I'd like to set up to reload in. I'll probably go with a Dillon 650 since everyone seems to love it.

So... what plans do you use to build yours and where did you buy one from?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, I'm setting up in my basement, so I'll be building something I can take apart and move when we finally ditch the city life and head to the sticks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my reloading room is a walk in closet. somthing i did with mine that i thought was a good idea. was wire it. i put in old work boxes and plugs in it. ran all the wire inside the bench and ran the lights to the closet into it. (the closet had no lights) the i ran a male plug out of the bench. so basically my bench is portable and wired. i plug my bench in and im ready for tumblers, or trimmers or whatever and also have lights

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I took an existing 2' x 8' work bench built from 2 x 4's and 3/4 ply top - doubled the top to 1 1/2" so wouldn't flex under pressure. Constructed a full length cabinet 8" deep x 18' high and 8' long with shelves behind sliding doors, drawers and a drop down shelf for the scale. Then installed it on the back of bench.

Everything can be put away out of sight and possible damage. Only problem is keeping shop warm enough to work during the winter! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    To second Dave, and others who've not been quoted here, make the wise move of doubling the thickness of your bench top. You don't want the bench to move or flex while reloading. It won't matter if you use 6"x6" posts for legs if you have 1/2" OSB for the top.

Good luck.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Go To Sears!

If you don't want to build your own, or don't have time. My reloading bench is a work bench I bought at Sears. It has a solid composite wood top that holds my Pro 1000 well, and two large drawers for holding dies, tools, primers, and 1 lb bottles of powder. And a large bin under the bench that is almost as large as the whole bench, where I keep my tumbler, media, brass, and other misc supplies. In addition I have a steel cabinet that locks I bought at Sam's Club for every thing else. :patriot:

Mossmug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Greene County
    I bought used steel legged work benches.

They are 24 " X 72 " with wood tops and steel legs. You can mount 6 machines around them ( 4 if against a wall ) and have room to work . I added a shelf on the bottom supports for storage .:):

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    Been looking to build a new bench myself- best material top I have located for the money was on CL a week or so ago- a salvage place down in Camby has a bunch of used doors- look to be solid maple, probably out of a school . They were only $20 or $30 bucks each, I think a guy would be hard pressed to find a sturdier top any cheaper. If it'll ever quit snowing I'm thinking of making the drive over to get one- if nothing else it'll be a good excuse to stop in and see whats new at Bradis.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Some relatives were remodeling their kitchen so used a couple of base cabinets on the ends and covered them with 3/4" sheets of plywood.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom