• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Every now and then someone mentions that they wish they had never sold a gun.

So, what are your regrets?

What purchases have you made, that you regret?

What have you sold, that you regret selling?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Let's see...

I regret buying (and over-paying for) my first handgun, a CZ 40-P.

I also regret buying a Beretta 9000s 9mm, an Astra .357 (but it did have the best bluing I've ever seen on anything), KelTek P-11, and my Polish P-64.

I don't regret selling any of the above....which I've done.

I only slightly regret selling my Walther P99 in .40. Not that much, though, because I'm trying to pare myself down a caliber and I decided that .40 was the one to go.

-J-

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Beretta 92FS I had tuned and polished all internals on. 3 lbs trigger and super accurate. Traded it for an XD (Stupid, STUPID mistake).

Another was a Smith 15 (pinned 2" barrel). Had it converted to a round butt, great carry gun. Sold it for a few sheckles to get my 1911. Love the 1911, miss the Smith.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't regret any purchases or sales I've made, but there have certainly been some "learning experiences" along the way. ;)

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bought that Astra A-75 .45 or Kel-Tec P40 (both are long gone). I probably wouldn't have sold the Kahr MK9, either.

Every other transaction I've done has left me better off (in one way or another) than I was prior to it.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    In hindsight I kind of wish I hadn't purchased the USP Tactical. That's money that would have gone a long way towards something I still had ;)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My biggest regrets are from some low life burglary. They kicked in a window and took my first .22 rifle (I don't even remember what it was, a 5 shot mag bolt gun), my .303 British that my grandpa and namesake (who died years before I was born) owned and my grandma gave to me that I never got to shoot before it was stolen, my dad's Ruger Blackhawk .44 Mag that his dad gave him (same grandpa) with a custom leather holster that his dad made for him. Grandpa died when my dad was 18. Some lowlife probably got only a couple bucks for priceless firearms. :(

The insurance replaced the guns, so I have an Anchutz Youth Model that I feel is my first rifle, but I know it isn't.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Selling the 442 to fund the PM40. Six months later I sold the PM40 to buy a 642!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I regretted not buying more Russian SKS back when I could get them for $99.

Don't we all. When I got into the semi auto craze, I sold all of my 357 wheel guns, 19's, 586's and 686's at very reasonable prices to fund the purchase of new semi autos. Nostalgia wise, I wish that I had kept a couple of them. Regrets are for guns that I should have bought when plentiful for a decent (cheap FA M16's 600 dollars :xmad:) price instead of listening (insert - fearing the wrath of) to the wife ;)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Guns I regretted buying (and then sold/traded quickly):

Llama .45 (aka The Jam-o-matic)
    Smith 669 (nasty lil' bastard)
    Cobra Patriot .45 (another jam-o-matic)
    Glock 29 (Never wanted it - It was a trade deal - It was a GLOCK!!!) :puke:

Guns I wished I'd never sold:

Pretty much any gun that didn't have a problem! I sold many to pay bills and I regret losing those the most.

Deals/buys that I regret missing:

Winchester 1897 12 ga. pump that had both long and short barrels in pristine condition. $200.00 :ugh::crying:

SKS's still in the cosmoline for $79 each!!!

Sites Spectre 9mm (Italian made) $179.00 on close-out.

Spanish Destroyer Carbine in 9mm Largo (9x23mm) - $99.00

:cheers:

Last edited:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Don't we all. When I got into the semi auto craze, I sold all of my 357 wheel guns, 19's, 586's and 686's at very reasonable prices to fund the purchase of new semi autos. Nostalgia wise, I wish that I had kept a couple of them. Regrets are for guns that I should have bought when plentiful for a decent (cheap FA M16's 600 dollars :xmad:) price instead of listening (insert - fearing the wrath of) to the wife ;)
    You sound like me on the cheap FA m-16's! My buddy who sold 'em told me "buy 'em now while you can" $500 plus the $200 transfer. They'll be worth something oneday he said. Did I listen? NO!:dunno:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Letting a (nowformer) friend of my siblings house sit for me while I was on the road. He stole everything including my entire gun collection, including my 2 sequencial # S&W 422s, & AMTII.
    Then skipped out to parts unknown.

Regrets in selling, 9mm Maadi Helwan, 6" Colt King Cobra, Egyptian Maadi RPK, Marlin.22 Mag Bolt action, Olympic AR-15 , and a Spec Ops AR47(even though it jammed constantly, it's probably worth sumthin' now).

Some regrets : Vulcan Arms RPK- could not hold a group to save its life. But was fun to shoot.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would say I regret buying a Taurus PT140 Pro as my first carry gun, but then I wouldn't appreciate my Glock 19 so much!

Bob Wyre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Colt single action in .22LR/.22mag, fixed sights, that was purchased in the late 70's. Sold it when I was in the service. Don't even want to think of what that gun is worth today.

Top Bottom