• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I'm with you on that one 1187, the gov. can and do walk in gun stores all the time to make sure the rules are being followed. I'm sure the owner will refuse to let them have access to THE BOOK.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Also, full DNA analysis can be completed in three hours and compared with every database on the planet within 30 seconds.

Let me be the first to volunteer to submit some bodily fluid(s) and/or semi-solids to the DOJ so that they can type my DNA.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess if you take the word "registry" literally, then no, we don't have one.

However, you're deluded if you think the gun sales that involved an FFL/NICS check aren't readily available to the gov.

Which is why I think I own maybe... one gun now that's "tied" to me.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    No firearm info is given to the FBI during the instant check, other than handgun or long gun.

If a firearm is recovered at a crime scene, the manufacturer is contacted, then the distributor, then the dealer. Dealer looks up the gun and a copy the 4473 is faxed or otherwise sent to ATF. I have no idea what goes on from that point.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The registration question comes from several sources:

1. Movies and television.

2. Law of other states (as others have said, Indiana has no registration requirement).

3. SOME cities and towns in Indiana had a voluntary registry for insurance purposes. More than several decades ago, businesses (usually banks and retail stores) had a "store gun". A revolver that was property of the First Bank of Beeville (extinct Indiana town) or Earl's Hardware & Live Bait. Some police departments had a procedure for businesses (and wealthy collectors) to sign up their guns for the insurance agent.

To date I am unsure how this started but I have seen the forms with my own eyes. It is a relic of past practices that echos into the present.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    With NSA reading your email and perusing your web browsing habits, the FBI eavesdropping through your cell phone, and SCOTUS saying LEOs can lie to you during the course of an investigation, it become pretty tough to trust that your gun buying habits are private from .gov. :dunno:

Top Bottom