• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theduckyofdeath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    yesterday was my first time to o.c. i have had my ltch for about 8 years, and never new that I could o.c. untill i found this forum and started doing some research. So my friend and I grabed our ladies dressed up and decided to go to dinner and a movie to go see the new hangover part 2 We went to dinner at the new cebellos mexican restaurant in auburn. which was great but a little over priced we got a lot of strange looks and even had a server come over and do the old " pretend that I didnt come over here to look at your gun thing but i am " thing. then we left there to go to the movie which was sold out in auburn so we went to the regal cinema in ft wayne on coldwater, well we walked in and bought our tickets with no issue then we went to hand them to the guy to get into the movie
    who i believe was the manager. we handed him our tickets he then looked directly at my friend and I pistols said have a nice day , no problem untill he came running back up to me and asked if I had ID in which I said yes. he then asked If I had a ltch in which I said yes then he asked if I was a cop and I said no then he asked us to leave being that that was there policy. I told the man that I didnt see any signs then he walked us over to the left front door behind a corner and showed us a sign that was a picture of a gun with a red circle and a line through it, that was literally the size of a dime. I then told the man who was actually being very polite that I will leave but that I would like my money refunded in which he did. By this point our ladies were getting upset because they just wanted us to c.c. our side arms but my friend and I were intent on going to the movie while o.c. so we ended up going to the theater on dupont road next to the new hospital i believe it was called carmike or something. lots of looks but everything went smooth we saw our movie which wasnt very great by the way left with no issue.

so all in all :+1:
    cabellos in auburn +1
    regal cinema ft wayne coldwater rd polite but still -1
    carmike cinema on dupont rd +1

me wanting to continue o.c. yes but I did feel like I had a million eyes watching me all night.

thanks for reading my giant run on sentence and bad grammer .

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the recap. I usually go to The Rave down by Jefferson Point, because the seats are more comfortable, but haven't OC'd yet because I don't have an OC holster with good retention. Carmike might get more business from me (it's closer anyhow) if The Rave ever gives me a problem.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Been CC for 35+ years and never asked to leave any establishment. I know many like to OC, but you have to expect this kind of stuff to occasionally happen. Perhaps not ideal, but reality. :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The sign was literally the size of a dime? Somehow I doubt that.

These threads make me laugh, some act shocked that the sheeple are startled by open carry. Just cover it up, its just so much less garbage to deal with. I dont have the time to be hassled.

yesterday was my first time to o.c. i have had my ltch for about 8 years, and never new that I could o.c. untill i found this forum and started doing some research. So my friend and I grabed our ladies dressed up and decided to go to dinner and a movie to go see the new hangover part 2 We went to dinner at the new cebellos mexican restaurant in auburn. which was great but a little over priced we got a lot of strange looks and even had a server come over and do the old " pretend that I didnt come over here to look at your gun thing but i am " thing. then we left there to go to the movie which was sold out in auburn so we went to the regal cinema in ft wayne on coldwater, well we walked in and bought our tickets with no issue then we went to hand them to the guy to get into the movie
    who i believe was the manager. we handed him our tickets he then looked directly at my friend and I pistols said have a nice day , no problem untill he came running back up to me and asked if I had ID in which I said yes. he then asked If I had a ltch in which I said yes then he asked if I was a cop and I said no then he asked us to leave being that that was there policy. I told the man that I didnt see any signs then he walked us over to the left front door behind a corner and showed us a sign that was a picture of a gun with a red circle and a line through it, that was literally the size of a dime. I then told the man who was actually being very polite that I will leave but that I would like my money refunded in which he did. By this point our ladies were getting upset because they just wanted us to c.c. our side arms but my friend and I were intent on going to the movie while o.c. so we ended up going to the theater on dupont road next to the new hospital i believe it was called carmike or something. lots of looks but everything went smooth we saw our movie which wasnt very great by the way left with no issue.

cabellos in auburn +1

me wanting to continue o.c. yes but I did feel like I had a million eyes watching me all night.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have carried in all the movie theatres in South Bend/Mishawaka for over 10 yrs with no trouble. Admittedly, usually concealed, but lately have been carrying in an owb holster under a t shirt (which doesn't quite cover up the holstered gun). Have had no trouble, even with the local police working security.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    yesterday was my first time to o.c. i have had my ltch for about 8 years, and never new that I could o.c. untill i found this forum and started doing some research.

Cool! Congrats on learning more about it and then deciding to try it out. Don't worry about the rough start, though; most of the time that you OC, you'll never have a problem.

… so we went to the regal cinema in ft wayne on coldwater, well we walked in and bought our tickets with no issue then we went to hand them to the guy to get into the movie
    who i believe was the manager. we handed him our tickets he then looked directly at my friend and I pistols said have a nice day , no problem untill he came running back up to me and asked if I had ID in which I said yes. he then asked If I had a ltch in which I said yes then he asked if I was a cop and I said no then he asked us to leave being that that was there policy. I told the man that I didnt see any signs then he walked us over to the left front door behind a corner and showed us a sign that was a picture of a gun with a red circle and a line through it, that was literally the size of a dime. I then told the man who was actually being very polite that I will leave but that I would like my money refunded in which he did.

Interesting. I've OC'd to that theatre several times before. It could be a new thing, it could be a different manager, or it could just even be that my OC isn't all that open.

Kudos to the two of you gentlemen and to the manager for handling it in just about the most professional and courteous manner possible, aside from him allowing you two to see the movie there while OC'ing.

By this point our ladies were getting upset because they just wanted us to c.c. our side arms

Perhaps more importantly, don't let those ladies think that this is common when people OC! I'm sure you learned in your reading and research that most OC'ers have no issues, but your ladies may start to associate you OC'ing with problems like that.

but my friend and I were intent on going to the movie while o.c. so we ended up going to the theater on dupont road next to the new hospital i believe it was called carmike or something. lots of looks but everything went smooth we saw our movie which wasnt very great by the way left with no issue.

cabellos in auburn +1

Good deal :yesway:

The feeling goes away, eventually. Heck, the first time I CC'd I still felt like people could tell I was carrying, let alone the day I started to OC. Pretty soon you'll be as comfortable OC'ing as you are CC'ing.

Hey, at least you knew it was a run-on! For me, it makes it a lot easier to overlook that kind of stuff when you make a note that acknowledges that it isn't the best writing; I can attribute it to just trying to get it all written before you forget it, or maybe still feeling a bit of a rush from all the "excitement."

They didn't do too bad. At least they didn't call 911 and were willing to give you a refund.

:+1:
    The man did handle that quite well. I'm glad he was willing to give you refunds. I haven't always been so fortunate with the managers I've encountered. (OK, so really, I've only had one run-in with a disagreeable manager, but since it's the only time a manager has come talk to me about it, I'm 0 for 1. Here's the story.)

Top Bottom