• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Guys thanks so much for all the great suggestions. Some of the provided links were exactly what I was looking for.

A big thanks goes to iChokePeople for helping me get into a used laptop that will meet my needs just fine. He was even able to meet me 20 minutes away instead of my driving all the way to him which was significantly farther.

I am constantly impressed by the quality of INGOers. :yesway:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Guys thanks so much for all the great suggestions. Some of the provided links were exactly what I was looking for.

A big thanks goes to iChokePeople for helping me get into a used laptop that will meet my needs just fine. He was even able to meet me 20 minutes away instead of my driving all the way to him which was significantly farther.

I am constantly impressed by the quality of INGOers. :yesway:

Did he.....did he choke you?

Wish I'd had seen this thread yesterday, I always have a few decent towers that are just a little too new to strip and scrap.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yeah, this is a great place with great people isnt it...

In case someone else stumbles apon this post, you can not go wrong with "off lease" products.. Basically an office keeps their stock of PC's for a couple/few years, then gets rid of them all, and brings new ones in. Those "old" ones, are then given a once over, fixed if needed, then sold as "off lease"

Bear in mind, these are generally business models and are not made to be gaming, or anything like that. They will, however handle everday needs just fine.

I recommend IBM/lenovo. Just check the specs and make sure its what your looking for, they are rock solid and are made to last. Especially the Thinkpads (T and R series more than the rest) I had an R series that I gave my ex, I have an X series now, and I bought a thinkcenter for a weather PC for EMA. You cant go wrong with "off lease" Lenovo products.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The best sites to search on are tigerdirect, newegg, and buy.com
    heres the list of off lease pc's at buy.com (rakuten is what its called now, it got bought out)
    http://www.rakuten.com/sr/searchresults.aspx?qu=off+lease#qu=off+lease&from=6&sort=4

heres tigerdirect (I prefer tigerdirect, I buy most of my stuff there.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=off%20lease&sort=1&recs=10

I personally do not care for HP/compaq. I am not a huge fan of Dell, though my dad has a few and loves them. I have an obvious bias for IBM/Lenovo.

Most important, check the specs. If you have any questions, ask. I know alot, and alot of members know ALOT more...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom