Refugees buy a bunch of cell phones, cops called.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you're in the store, under these circumstances, do you call the cops?

HORROR: Obama?s Muslim ?Refugees? Just Raided Walmart of One Chilling Item | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

I don't care much for the adjectives and adverbs the author of this article and the embedded article use to gin up a certain imagery. But with what has just happened in San Bern., knowing that it appears those murderers appeared to have been scoping out schools and that sort of stuff...would you say something if you saw this something?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Personally I would have questions about ANYONE buying 60 phones in the middle of the night.

I agree, I'd think if anyone was doing this it'd raise red flags, needless to say I'm sure they're being watched fairly closely. Did they ever disclose what they wanted the phones for?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tomorrow Loretta Lynch will be sending her minions to investigate the people who called the police. It is her greatest fear after all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hmmm, don't Arabs have a system of money lending like the Korean immigrants and their "kye" system?

I cannot recall the word in Arabic but a pot of money plus supplies is usually raised for newcomers. Like a welcome wagon kind of thing.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I cannot recall the word in Arabic but a pot of money plus supplies is usually raised for newcomers. Like a welcome wagon kind of thing.
    The welcome wagon kinda thing were they prefer that refugees go to Europe or the US instead of being taken care of by similar countries in the Middle East? :D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I agree, I'd think if anyone was doing this it'd raise red flags, needless to say I'm sure they're being watched fairly closely. Did they ever disclose what they wanted the phones for?

I'll bet they're being watched closely.

Maybe if they were members of the NRA or Tea Party the FBI would be all over it already...

Hmmm, don't Arabs have a system of money lending like the Korean immigrants and their "kye" system?

Welcoming 60 new members of their middle America sleeper cells, perhaps?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Welcoming 60 new members of their middle America sleeper cells, perhaps?[/FONT]

Group buy! Let's take up a collection to buy them all NRA memberships!

Seriously, the question here revolves around which side of the coin you may look at. Just like I can use my knife to cut my steak at dinner or to cut someone's throat, those phones can be used for perfectly good and normal uses, to coordinate malfeasance, or to detonate IEDs. It becomes a matter of which we find reasonable to believe to be the case.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The question in the OP was: if you were there, would you have called the cops? Anything might have been occurring. It could have been completely innocent. But with the news we're bombarded with today, especially following what happened in San Benadino -- and even more especially with what they're finding out about those two afterwards--would you have reacted the same way those folks in Walmart did?

LEO is telling us to be "vigilant". I'm seeing stuff on Facebook from the Indiana State Police on vigilance. I'm even seeing stuff where they have on their website on reacting to an active shooter situation. Were those folks simply being vigilant or were they acting out their bigotry/islamophobia? Would we all have done the same thing?

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    If I saw a white guy doing that, I would have called the FBI.

Two guys buying 60 cellphones at 3:50am? Yes, to me that seems suspicious and worth reporting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would be lot more concerned about 2 guys buying 1 or 2 cell phones at a time over weeks at different stores than I would someone buying 60 at a time.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Four separate walmarts report large quantities of cell phone purchases and now, a BP gas station/minimart reporting 18-20 propane tanks stolen in the Kansas City area

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I would be lot more concerned about 2 guys buying 1 or 2 cell phones at a time over weeks at different stores than I would someone buying 60 at a time.

Yep.. This very easily could be two business men that own one or more convenience stores and they were buying phones that Walmart was selling as a lost leader. And they will resell the non contract phones for a good markup.
    What's next, 10 dollar phones behind the counter with the cold medication.
    How about state laws that only two phones per month per person ??

Top Bottom