• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bokra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Clayton
    I received a Taurus PT 1911 in trade yesterday from my brother. I love the guy but hes not good with his guns. The slide is a little worn and I'm just not fond of the aluminum frames color. I would like to refinish the entire thing black. Anyone know of a good product to use to do it or maybe a good place to send it in and have it done? Also curious about what it may cost because Bob at plainfield shooting supplies offered me $450 trade for it and if its cheaper I'll just trade it in for a different color and a steel frame. Thanks in advance!

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I have seen guns returned to Taurus saying the finish prematurely wore down and they took care of it under warranty, especially gold trim. All it cost them was the shipping there. Being the second owner was not even brought up with discussion with them, they are really good. It don't cost to ask and it would be worth more towards a trade. Let us know if it works out. :popcorn:

bokra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Clayton
    Yeah I had considered that but I'm not crazy about the color and if it wore out like this I'd rather get a good finish on it but thanks.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll second Indy Gun Works. I just had a gun refinished over there and it came out really nice. Great price but even better quality work.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Aluminum cannot be blued... See my advertising forum for some pictures. I can coat your frame with norrels moly resin for 75 and do everything i can to match your slide. Or we can coat your slide as well... please call me or mor information.
    317 650-9989

Top Bottom