• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Turtle soup in your area, although most of what I've had in Dubois Co had precious little turtle in it.:)

We just made 80 gallons of it, we had around 50 pounds of turtle meat in it, along with deer and elk.

2015-04-18%2011.30.46_zpseoo4siir.jpg

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You live in Southwestern Indiana and haven't heard of burgoo? I always thought that went as far as I-70 at least. Locals in Jasper call it turtle soup.

Be careful...Kentuckians swear up and down there is no burgoo north of the river....I watched that KET documentary on burgoo and a guy cooking it in Owensboro was asked by the filmmaker if they made burgoo north of the river...The guy quit stirring the pot and said simply "No"....

Kentuckians think once you cross the river you have to leave all of your "southernness" behind...:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Be careful...Kentuckians swear up and down there is no burgoo north of the river....I watched that KET documentary on burgoo and a guy cooking it in Owensboro was asked by the filmmaker if they made burgoo north of the river...The guy quit stirring the pot and said simply "No"....

Kentuckians think once you cross the river you have to leave all of your "southernness" behind...:)

They don't come over here because Clearence is 11'9". Old Joke.;)

Top Bottom