RED WINGS WIN! RED WINGS WIN! OH MY GOD, RED WINGS WIN!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This isn't me, but I would so do this. :lmfao:

Yes, he most certainly would do this. I didn't know if I'd ever tear him away from the cup when we went to the Hockey Hall of Fame last year. He didn't kiss the cup which is weird because when we were at Blarney Castle in Ireland, he kissed that. :D

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    College Lacrosse is pretty fun to watch. People get hit hard.

Lacrosse is really popular in upstate NY.

Hockey = too Canadian for me. ;)

My buddy (a hockey and MMA fan) had this conversation last weekend. He said "you gotta love a sport that allows you to fight the other players". My response was "if I want to watch people fight, I will watch MMA, at least they are good at it." Hockey fights to me look like when people put on those big sumo suits and try to attack each other. Don't let a silly game get in the way of a good fight.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    When I lived in Colorado the Avalanche had a huge following. When they won their first Stanley Cup about 1/2 the state came to the parade.

I used to love the Avalance and watching the NHL. Then came the strike and the cancelled TV contract with ESPN. The sport became less mainstream and I began to lose interest.

I still remember when the Avalance beat the Red Wings on the way to the Stanley Cup. Those two teams were bitter enemies. Great games to watch. It was nice that Forsberg came back the Avs this year.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ray Bourque was on that Avalanche team I believe.

When I lived in Colorado the Avalanche had a huge following. When they won their first Stanley Cup about 1/2 the state came to the parade.

I used to love the Avalance and watching the NHL. Then came the strike and the cancelled TV contract with ESPN. The sport became less mainstream and I began to lose interest.

I still remember when the Avalance beat the Red Wings on the way to the Stanley Cup. Those two teams were bitter enemies. Great games to watch. It was nice that Forsberg came back the Avs this year.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You are correct Fenway. That was a great story -- Ray leaving Boston to come to Colorado to have a chance to win a Stanley Cup before he retired.

He actually took the cup to Boston and thousands came out to see him. That was a great time to be an Avs fan and a fan of the NHL.

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Thanks to Scutter for pointing out this thread.

I stopped watching after the lockout until last year then started watching again.

When I was a kid in the 70's I was a big Canadiens fan. Then when the Checkers became the Islanders' farm team I became an Islanders fan (when they won 4 straight cups).

However, since he came into the league (with Montreal no less) Chris Chelios has been my favorite player of all time. When the wonderful Bill Wirtz traded him to Detroit, my allegiance followed him from the Blackhawks to the Wings, where I have remained ever since. Chris will no doubt now go into the Hall as a Redwing.

Way to go Wings!

I've also liked the Minnesota Wild since they came into the league. I'd say they're my second favorite behind Detroit.

Top Bottom